Clifton -13 March 2011

Spin

Saw a flyer for it this morning; thanks to poor planning I've not been able to go to any before now, but am determined to rectify the ommission this time around. Here's the info per the RA-Aus website;

Hosted by Darling Downs Sport Aircraft Assn. Inc, this fly-in has become an iconic event in the region and is the premier attraction for all types of aviation in southern Queensland. See various types, shapes, sizes & models of recreational, ultralight and homebuilt aircraft including sport, vintage, general aviation and any other flying machine. Come late pm Saturday, 12 for BBQ, drinks. Fly or drive in, see ERSA. On field camping, bring your swag. Advise for catering. Contact Trevor Bange Ph 0429 378 370 AH 07 4695 8541 Email [email protected]

Always a pity that it's on a Sunday. If I'm free at all in the afternoon I may see if I can wander over in something. Assuming I'm not somewhere else doing something!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Assuming I'm not somewhere else doing something!

Well, I just thought I should mention... I won't be there this time. As I'm going to be away in Tassie that week!

• 2 weeks later...

Weatherzone paints an OK picture for the weekend over the downs

Today (Sat.) they say we have a 40% chance of Storm activity of 1-5mm. and BOM says chance of possible shower activity Wind ESE @ 29km/hr /15knts early and staying around that for pretty much all weekend

Sunday they say 30% chance of shower and Storm activity. But I guess the factor will be the cloud, will it hang ontop of the range with the moist easterly and a humidity of 87% early to 71% later in the day. That just screams fog and low cloud on the range!

Scott

I think you're calling that right Scott, I've even seen morning fog down on the low coastal ranges around here, so a bit higher and with all that moisture available.....051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Carl - in holding pattern.

Souds good DD!

I had my own bit of fun down here early this morning... A guy I got to know while down here in Tassie took me for a flight in his aircraft he built completely from scratch. And that was a Pietenpol! Powered by a Ford Model A engine.

I'll try to attach a photo, but I'm on my phone so I'm not sure if it will work yet! Nah not working, if someone wants to who is on my facebook, they can attach the photos I got on there here if they like. A beautiful aircraft.