Launceston - Tasmania

Tomo

I'm most likely heading there on the 12th of March for a meeting, and thought I should make a few days of it, any good places to visit, go too?

Anyone from near there on here?

Hi Tomo,

Spent my misbegotten youth on the NW coast(Ulverstone). If you have transport there is the Launceston zoo, the rescue of the Tassie devil there,Penny Royal, toward Devonport(W)-2 hours drive- chocolate factory, raspberry farm and S/W of Devonport the steam train museum. Further on an hour,Ulverstone jetty has the best fish and oysters on the coast at the fish and chip shop. Launceston has the gouge walk and a bucket of other things too and one of the best eating malls around, good fresh produce. This is just off the top of the head, there is a heap more but you may not have time.

Bob.

Guest davidh10
Heading over to the big island to check out the Murray River...back on the 19th.

If you are passing through Yarrawonga, don't be a stranger :-)

Hi Tomo,

I would have taken you for a sightseeing flight, but I reckon I'll still be up north somewhere... hoping to fly to either Qld or SA after Avalon Airshow. If I get back early, I'll send you an email, eh?

Cheers, Jim