Spar U Brackets

pudestcon

I'm trying to obtain some wing spar U brackets for a mates Gemini. These are the U brackets used to attach the spacer tubes between the trailing and leading edge spars. The photo attached here shows what is currently on the aircraft. These U brackets are not the approved type, having a straight, flat bearing edge to the spar, rather than a concaved surface to mate positively with the spar. The leading edge spar and trailing edge spar are of different diameter tube so the U brackets are different for both spars. I'd be very interested in talking to anyone who has some of these U brackets surplus to requirements that we can acquire.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pud

1894553582_SparUbrackets.jpg.58d3496072174c06406bae40aaad3dee.jpg

I'll give Wade a call, thanks guys. I don't know of any struts around the place Brownie, but if you do manage to get second hand ones just be careful that the cast alum connection fittings are sound. Check out the AN on them for details.

Pud

Check out the AN on them for details.Pud

In actual fact it is not an AN but a UK mandatory permit directive. Go http://www.recreationalflying.com/showthread.php/104294-Thruster-wing-strut-attachments-UK-mandatory-permit-directive to check it out.

Here is a better photo of the u brackets required. Wade is going to come back to me with a price. I am still interested if anyone has some lying around that they wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Pud

1128349690_CorrectUbracket.jpg.d0c1d90f6af6f959a22ca6bfe6dc232f.jpg

What about something like this that is sometimes seen on microlights and handgliders ,,,,,, http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/type1saddles.php

Very interesting Brett, but maybe not quite what is needed in this situation. When I have a bit more time I'll check out that link more.

Thanks,

Pud