Testing the waters, Re Sadler Vampire

Ultralights

Gday, i have decided to sell my Vampire, its built in 1981, approx 250 hrs on a 503 DCDI engine. (ill get accurate numbers when i list it in the classifieds section when i get home)

i am posting this to get a ball park figure, sadly its not flying at the moment and needs minor works to get airborne again, work needed is,

new choke cable, new rear seat panel,(steel supplied and partially trimmed already) new fuel gauge, 2 fitted, one is Ok, new fuel gauge supplied. bushings on main gear needs replacing, new ones supplied. new EGT wires, new probes are fitted, just need wiring to gauges, new CHT senders supplied, again needs wire to gauges. New extended nose gear installed. in the process of fitting new nolathane block, needs one small flat plate to complete. engine cover needs a repaint after fibreglass repair.

apart from that, its just needs a good wash and polish after being in the garage for the past 3 yrs., oh and trailer has new tyres and needs rego.

Was winner of the inaugural Recreational flying fly-in best present aircraft! ill post some pics in the classifieds section when i get back home, only reason for sale is the Savannah is taking all my time and the vampire is being wasted just sitting unloved in my garage and i can no longer find the time to return it to its deserved glory.

what would such a project be worth?

• 1 year later...