The morgan spaceshuttle

Guernsey

We have recently received from Gary Morgan progress photos of our Sierra plus the attached photo of a hangar. We can only assume that this is Gary's new hangar ( I don't want to phone him, as he is a very busy boy ), but check out the height especially the middle door!!

Is he building a Space Shuttle or possibly a twelve seater Jumbo trike with an upstairs ?008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I know that Gary has developed a lifting device to stack two aircraft, perhaps he is going to

develop a four aircraft stacker.:thumb_up:

I just love those hydraulic lifters, never seen those before.062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Alan

1645011006_MorganHangar.jpg.7e9d72e8f0ddc4fcaf6213153ac54309.jpg

That's the Corporate Air hangar at Goulburn.

Garry was down there last week to show the Sierra to some people there, and at Tumut and Cooma. He was very impressed by the hangar.

He hasn't started the new hangar yet.

There are some very interested schools around the place, so Garry trailered the Sierra to Goulburn and based there for a few days to show it around.

Where's the progress photos Alan?

Guest studentbiggles
Nice progress there Alan.What would we do without milk crates eh?

Pud

You beat me to it Pud Re: the milk crates :).......Alan your baby girl looking beautiful so far...how many "Sleeps"?

PS..........Don said to say Hello...we did a working bee and gliding ops together on the weekend and were talking about your new plane.

You had better bring her up here or else!!!! LOL

It is not actually my plane but belongs to my Son-in-Law Kevin although I can also use it as I want.

However, having said that, TWO of those milk crates do belong to me and just to put the 'cream on the crate' so to speak, they will be both Factory Built and fully certified:laugh:

Alan.

PS We shall definitely be visiting Renmark.

• 6 months later...
Guest Andys@coffs

Thos hangar doors would be quite effective at creating a bit of shade or protection from the rain when working on the apron...I suppose its a way of getting a bit more useful space out of the deal.

So Alan, Mardy showing any interest in that one? or still trikes only

Andy

Thanks Alan! The reason I asked was ... I'm looking at an airspeed switch system to prevent inadvertent flap deployment at speeds above the safe flap extension speed. 80 knots is within the

adjustment range of the system I'm considering so that's good.

John.

Thos hangar doors would be quite effective at creating a bit of shade or protection from the rain when working on the apron...I suppose its a way of getting a bit more useful space out of the deal.So Alan, Mardy showing any interest in that one? or still trikes only

Andy

You refer to Mardy, do you mean my Son and if so how do you come to know him.

If this is who you mean the answer is yes he has a hangar at Gawl;er which is tall and houses three trikes and the Morgan Sierra, however Kevin has just built (nearly finished) a hangar behind Martin's which will house the Sierra.

Alan.

Thanks Alan! The reason I asked was ... I'm looking at an airspeed switch system to prevent inadvertent flap deployment at speeds above the safe flap extension speed. 80 knots is within theadjustment range of the system I'm considering so that's good.

John.

Sounds like a good idea, keep us in touch and let us know how you get on.

Alan.

Guest Andys@coffs
You refer to Mardy, do you mean my Son and if so how do you come to know him.If this is who you mean the answer is yes he has a hangar at Gawl;er which is tall and houses three trikes and the Morgan Sierra, however Kevin has just built (nearly finished) a hangar behind Martin's which will house the Sierra.

Alan.

Alan

The hanagr he's in used to be 2/3 mine and 1/3 his.... I had my J230 and a 582 based Trike in it before moving to Coffs. I figured he would be interested. Is Kevin on these forums? Is he "Kevin the Peniless"

Andy

AlanThe hanagr he's in used to be 2/3 mine and 1/3 his.... I had my J230 and a 582 based Trike in it before moving to Coffs. I figured he would be interested. Is Kevin on these forums? Is he "Kevin the Peniless"

Andy

Hi Andy, Kevin is my Son-In-Law and yes he is on these forums. He is KJFAB. You will find him on many of the 'Morgan Sierra' posts, he bought the aircraft factory built from

Morgan Aeroworks and although he paid for it, he classes it as the family aircraft and lets Martin and I fly it as much as we want. Martin still flies his Trike but also has his full three axis certificate. Kevin nearly bought a Jabiru 230 but he preferred the better performing Sierra. Have to admit I agreed with his choice.

Best regards,

Alan Marriette.

• 2 months later...

Hi Alan! If you have an opportunity, would you be kind enough to post an image of the electric trim motor installation in the Sierra? Not sure if you guys have flaps fitted or not but if you do, some piccies of the flap motor installation would be appreciated too. I'm at the stage now where I'll need to start fitting these items anytime soon. Thanks Alan. John.

P.S. You could just email them to [email protected] if you don't want to go to the trouble of posting them on the forum. John.

Hi John we have electric trim and electric flaps both controlled by thumb switches on the joy stick.

I am not sure when I will be going down to the airfield (have my arm strapped in plaster at the moment ) but I will endeavour to take some pictures of the motor installations and will both email them and put them on the forum as others could be interested.

Alan.

Hi Alan, Sorry to hear about your arm! What have you been doing to yourself? Garry's pics only seem to show the flap motor with a dual stick installation ... and none with the electric trim. I'll send him an email just in case. Take care and look after that arm! John.

Guest Maj Millard

Noticed the shot of the hangar at Goulburn. There are four of the same style at Townsville, but about four times as big !!.

They have had serious and continueing dramas with the huge door opening mechanisms. The hangars themselves needed to be strengthened, especially in front where the doors are supported, and the huge hydrylic rams that open the doors replaced with larger ones, plus new frames to support them.

I have stood under the huge doors, but pretty sure I wouldn't feel too happy working under them, although they provide plenty of shade for even a large aircraft.............................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif