New Tecnam owner from Thailand

eloigorri

Hi, my name is Ed.

I have just bought a used Tecnam P92JS here in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand where I am studying for my PPL. I hope to qualify in the Tecnam itself, if the local aviation authority can find an examiner who is comfortable with a stick!

My Tecnam is called Miss Dippy (she was originally HS-DPI), now re-reistered as HS-EAL after my initials, but the "Dippy" part has stuck.

Flying here in Thailand is a joy. The scenery and weather are breathtaking. My instructor is a Canadian CFI (on a sabbatical here in Thailand) and a hard man to please - he says I am being spoilt and need to get some "real world weather" experiance, but he agress a lot of this is more than made up for my the mountain flying experiance I am getting.

I am currently awaiting my theory exam results, after which I hope to go on and do my flight test. Fingers crossed I will soon be joining the ranks of the PPL community.

Cheers - Ed

Ed,

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new purchase, I am sure you will be very happy with it.

The scenery side of things sounds fantastic - I would imagine it must be interesting trying to identify emergency landing sites in the mountainous regions. Good luck with the exams.

Peter

Guest bateo

G'day Ed,

Welcome to the Forums, I also fly in a Tecnam P92 S.. Which I love every minute while flying it... They are no doubt a very comfortable and easy aircraft to fly....

Looking forward to hearing your experiences from over at Thailand.. Welcome