72inch Prop

rage83

Hi guys,

Just wondering how many aircraft types a 72 inch Warp Drive prop would bolt on too.

A mate of mine has one he wants to get rid of but not sure what aircraft he can fit it onto.

Its practically zero time great condition. Only done ground run ups. Gyro it was on crashed after take off, no damage to prop. It is however about 15 yr old.

If anyone knows what it could go on apart from a 15 yr old gyro :P. That would be great. Better still if anyone wants it let me know what you think its worth and I'll as the owner and see if he will accept.

Cheers,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall correctly, microlights with the 582 Rotax accept a 72" prop. The pitch-angle would be somwhere between 13-17 degrees, such that the static RPM at max throttle on the ground doesn't exceed about 6200RPM, which means it will not exceed 6500RPM in-flight. The pitching of a prop for a 2-stroke is critical! The propeller is the load that ultimately determines how hard the 2-stroke works. Get it wrong and you can damage the engine severely in a very short time.

Major Millard would have more up-to-date info. Shoot him a PM and see if he can help.

If it was on a gyro, it would be a pusher, was the motor a 2 stroke or 4 stroke for directional, and i doubt a 582 will pull 13*, my 100hp 912 only pulls 11*

If it were a 4 stroke i might be interested.

Find out what what motor and redrive it was on.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah your right it was a pusher I'm pretty sure it was a either a VW or subaru engine. It was bolted up to a E type rotax gear box.

Its a fully adjustable prop and is up for sale.

Offers welcome.