the crash that wasn't

• 3 weeks later...
Go Pres!Now this would make a good story for the magazine...

Hi Windsor,

Do you know the rego # of the Auster in the video and any other details inrespect of it ?

Was it a j1n 1957 MK 10 power plant Rego # KCZ?

If my assumption is correct that was my old girl!

Rick-p

Rick P... I would have to ask the old man... I do know that it was crashed and the damaged airframe sat at the Mount Isa Golf Course for a number of years before I believe it went south. I would certainly be interested to know more of the history of this Auster... the only thing I remember as a toddler about the operations of this aircarft is that it was in rough condition and flown by a "bush"( I guess that is the term you would use now) pilot... thus I have never flown in an Auster (so you can keep your lousy Tiger Moths--- give me a joyride in an Auster any day! lol).

I will try to find out more from the old man... his health is not the best.

Rick P... I would have to ask the old man... I do know that it was crashed and the damaged airframe sat at the Mount Isa Golf Course for a number of years before I believe it went south. I would certainly be interested to know more of the history of this Auster... the only thing I remember as a toddler about the operations of this aircarft is that it was in rough condition and flown by a "bush"( I guess that is the term you would use now) pilot... thus I have never flown in an Auster (so you can keep your lousy Tiger Moths--- give me a joyride in an Auster any day! lol).I will try to find out more from the old man... his health is not the best.

Thanks for that info but from what you have told me it wasn't my Auster after all as mine was never crashed , as I understand it, before I acquired it.

My aircraft originally belonged to Dunlop Rubber Company then 2 more owners before I acquired it.

Rick-p