LUCKY FIND

Guest bethden

Guest bethden

HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM A NEW MEMBER HAVING FOUND THE NEWS OF THE SITE IN THE LATEST EDITION OF RECREATIONAL AVIATION AUSTRALIA. I LIVE AT BARGARA NEAR BUNDABERG AND FLY A JABIRU WHICH I HIRE FROM THE BUNDY FLYING SCHOOL.HAVE BEEN FLYING FOR TEN YEARS AND CURRENTLY HAVE JUST OVER TWO HUNDRED HOURS. I HAVE DONE MY NAVS AS WELL.IAM LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING HEAPS FROM THE FORUMS.

DINNIE

Guest AusDarren

Welcome..

I stayed at Bargara when I went to visit the jabiru nest, several years ago.. nice place. loved the turtles laying eggs!

oh and Chris, I have the Jab booked to do the destination Avalon tour. Leaving Sunday Morning to go to Shepparton, Should have it back late Wednesday (weather permitting) :-P

Regards,

Ausdarren

G'day bethden.

Your'e just down the coast from me at Rodds Bay, had some of the Bundy group fly in a few weeks ago. Always welcome on a Sunday up till about 3pm when we leave, most Saturday mornings also.

Have you visited aeroplane beach yet?

Dinnie.

Aeroplane Beach is a bay to the North West of Bustard Head which is the furthest North point on the Brisbane WAC 3340 chart. It is just below the lighthouse and has a good firm surface when the tide is less than about half way. Plenty of length and facestthe prevailing SE wind.

From Bundy or Bargara you just follow the coast Northwards, plenty of good beaches. There is a private strip between Agnes Water and Seventeen Seventy.

The Rodds Bay strip is between the road and rail where it shows Rodds Bay on the same map about 20nm West of Bustard Head.

Guest bethden

Aeroplane Beach

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info about aeroplane beach and the other two strips. i have flown up the coast to 1770 and knew of the Agnes strip but not Rodds Bay.I will check this out on the WAC.

Bundy Flying school does not allow beach landings in the hire aircraft or at least David Eyre the former owner did not. Due to his health problems stemming from a botched operation he has retired and sold out. The new owners are Mike Cox and Max Jackson. They are both local Bundy people. Not sure of their attitude to beach landings.Is that strip at Rodds Bay the same as the one where the Old Station Fly in is held?

Regards,

Dinnie

G'day bethden.

We had a visit at Rodds Bay from an instructor and another pilot from Bundy a few weeks ago. that may have been Mike Cox I forget the names.

Old Station is on the Rockhampton 3235 WAC chart about 150deg 50min E, 23deg 50min S. A nice long strip 06 - 24. Watch out for Brahmans. Usually someone there at the weekends Ronny and Kiwi live in the nearby houses.