OziExplorer for Android

I note that OziExplorer for Android has just been released. It's version 1.04 (beta). It can be purchased for $25.00 USD. The program has to be tested on your Android device prior to purchase (must supply a Device ID as part of purchase process).

Anyone out there willing to have a go at this and let us know how well it works on your Android device?

Noticed that on OziExp site the other day JK. I actually downloaded the file but need an App uploader & not sure what one to use (or even how to at this stage). Must get back to it. Got a Samsung Galaxy S II.

I've just purchased a HTC Desire HD running Android v2.3 with an 8GB microSD card. I've also purchased the Maptrax "Aero Chart Pack - Australia Complete".

I'm not familiar with Android so I would also appreciate some step by step instructions on how to install all this stuff on my HTC Desire HD.

I've read the "Installation Instructions" and the first step is: "Download the OziExplorer apk file and put it on the SD card of your device in the top level folder of the SD Card". My question is "How do you put it on the SD card?" Do you have to put the SD card into a PC and create folders that way, or is there an APP in Android (similar to a file manager like Windows Explore) that helps you do all this stuff from within Android?

Of course I'm very keen to see all this stuff working on Ian's new 7" and 10" Android devices.

JK - just plug your phone into your computer with the suppllied USB cable and you can then choose from a menu on teh phone telling it to act as a disk drive - you can then see it in explorer (if using Windows) and you can drag the .apk file there. You will need to download an application installer app in order to install it though. There are plenty of free ones on the market.

JK - just plug your phone into your computer with the suppllied USB cable and you can then choose from a menu on teh phone telling it to act as a disk drive - you can then see it in explorer (if using Windows) and you can drag the .apk file there. You will need to download an application installer app in order to install it though. There are plenty of free ones on the market.

Thanks Thirsty, I'll give that a shot.