Recreational Flying GPS Units Released

Admin

Firstly Oziexplorer CE on the unit requires maps of some sort to use it. MapTrax makes the WAC and VNC maps that are in the Oziexplorer format which can uploaded and used. There are other maps out there like Geo Sciences which are free and what the WAC/VNC charts are made from but that would require a conversion to the Oziexplorer format. So that is the mapping details.

Now to the Flight Planning component. To my knowledge AirNav and the full PC version of Oziexplorer are very similar. Airnav is a flight planner where you plan your flight and print it off as a track on a WAC chart with waypoints etc. JayKay explains how he uses AirNav to load an AirNav flight plan into Oziexplorer CE on the units in this thread: http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/recreational-flying-gps.27195/page-4 however that is only the flight plan and not the moving map.

Oziexplorer PC version allows you to do the flight plan as well however it doesn't print off on a WAC chart. You load the flight plan into the Oziexplorer CE version on the unit.

This is to the best of my knowledge and I am sure there are many others out there that know more then I do in these areas who may comment...hope it helps

Great news...I have finally been able to source Sun Visors for the 7" Recreational Flying GPS units so as soon as they arrive they will be included FREE with the 7" unit like the 5" has.

All customers that have already purchased a 7" unit...you will receive one free, posted out to you as soon as they arrive

• Like 1