K line valve guide liner

gerard1

Gerard

I have fitted the K Liner inserts to my fine finned heads on my J3300 solid lifter motor.

The original standard guides had shown signs of excessive wear after as little as 100 hrs on 2 separate occassions.

I have now done just over 150 hrs since the last overhaul where i fitted the inserts and all is looking good. From all the reports i have received, including from the engine reconditioner that installed them for me, i should easily get 1000 hrs out of the K liner inserts.

He has suggested just for piece of mind to replace them when the 1000hr overhaul is due but we will measure them up to see what wear there is.

My heads still have the oil feed pipe going from the block to the heads and this still works as per normal in my application. Later model Hydraulic lifter motors with the hollow push rods and drilled rockers no longer use the oil feed pipe to the head.

Regards

Andrew

GerardI have fitted the K Liner inserts to my fine finned heads on my J3300 solid lifter motor.

The original standard guides had shown signs of excessive wear after as little as 100 hrs on 2 separate occassions.

I have now done just over 150 hrs since the last overhaul where i fitted the inserts and all is looking good. From all the reports i have received, including from the engine reconditioner that installed them for me, i should easily get 1000 hrs out of the K liner inserts.

He has suggested just for piece of mind to replace them when the 1000hr overhaul is due but we will measure them up to see what wear there is.

My heads still have the oil feed pipe going from the block to the heads and this still works as per normal in my application. Later model Hydraulic lifter motors with the hollow push rods and drilled rockers no longer use the oil feed pipe to the head.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks for your info. and for the research on the through bolts. I was also ? the oil hole in the valve guide with the hollow push rods.

When we freshened up my 2200 (hollow pushrod etc) a couple of months ago we put in K-Line inserts. We were advised by the South African Jab dealer that this was a good idea. He also felt the oil hole was necessary. Our engine recon man thought it was a bit strange (he has put K-Lines into lots of engines) but relatively harmless. So we did it ....