Another Morgan Sierra Project Underway

Virago

Took delivery of my Sierra 100 kit yesterday. This one will be built at Port Kennedy, W.A. I have unpacked the crate and am in the process of identifying, inspecting and storing each part. The crate will be disassembled and turned into the long bench. Can't wait to start cutting metal! Here is my first image, with the crate on the trailer ready to brave the traffic!p1010097D:%5CSierra%20crate%2023rd%20Sep%202011

• Like 1

Well done Virago, I still haven't had a chance to crawl all over one of them, but those that have are very complimentary. Dunno if it's just me but I can't see your pic?

Look forward to following the build on the forum.

Great news John, it took me a few days to work out what everything was. After a while it all starts to gel. I couldn't see the pics either. The files may have been too big. They need to be less than 150k to post.

My build has stopped while I have been making house alterations for a new kitchen, now almost complete but there's a lot of tidying up to do & I am away for a couple of weeks next month so it looks like it will be November before there is any more progress.

• 1 month later...

As of today, my fuselage sides are now joined to the steel frame, I have pulled the front end in and am now fitting the top and bottom cross tubes at the firewall position. I was lucky enough to have the use of a bending brake which, even though it only caters for a 6" width, weighs a ton and does a top job on the gussets. When I learn exactly how to format images suitable for this forum, I'll post some. Only last week, I ordered some tooling from yardstore.com and was surprised when it all arrived today (by USPS too ... usually takes three weeks. I now have a real good bench riveter (and a great set of dies) for the solid rivets in the spar caps. Kevin, great to hear you're back into the fray! Looking forward to seeing some more posts from you! John.

Hi John,

You will need photo editor software (there's plenty of freeware on the web) to get the file size down to about 150k & then save the pic with a new name. It should then upload OK into your post. Another option if you use something like Google's Picasa 3 is to email the photos to yourself. Picasa shrinks them down automatically. Then save the emailed photos & upload them into your post.

I made the mass balance for the elevators (took 2.6kg of lead), trial fitted the undercarriage main leg, installed the front strut bracket & put the final fill coat of resin on the underside of the main leg so things are beginning to happen again. Next is to skin the bottom after I clean up all the scratches on the frame, then both sides & the turtledeck.

Kevin