TK58

Hi All,

Been lurking on this site for 2 or 3 years and finally decided to join. My aviation has been pretty much on hold for a few years due to other commitments. Getting back into it now.

I have a recreational pilot certificate with about 110 hours total experience. I'm not current right now but plan to fix that in the next few weeks. I also have a student PPL and about 25 hours of my total experience (mostly before I got my recreational certificate) is in either a 152 or a Tomahawk. My recreational experience is almost entirely in taildragger Lightwings.

I live at Gatton (no, not at the airpark) and recently purchased a block of land in the area big enough for a 650m strip. Plan is to move there in the next year or so.

I'm currently building 2 aircraft - a Bede BD-4C (4 seater, 200hp, 2500lb MTOW, 140kt cruise) and a KR-2S. Not sure either is going to be really suitable for a 650m grass strip and realistically both are still a few years away so I'm looking at options right now. Gotta build a hangar and a house first though!

Anyway, enough about me. I'm sure I'll get to know many of you over time and might even meet some of you at flyins and what not.

Happy aviating.

Tony

Hi All,Been lurking on this site for 2 or 3 years and finally decided to join. My aviation has been pretty much on hold for a few years due to other commitments. Getting back into it now.

I have a recreational pilot certificate with about 110 hours total experience. I'm not current right now but plan to fix that in the next few weeks. I also have a student PPL and about 25 hours of my total experience (mostly before I got my recreational certificate) is in either a 152 or a Tomahawk. My recreational experience is almost entirely in taildragger Lightwings.

I live at Gatton (no, not at the airpark) and recently purchased a block of land in the area big enough for a 650m strip. Plan is to move there in the next year or so.

I'm currently building 2 aircraft - a Bede BD-4C (4 seater, 200hp, 2500lb MTOW, 140kt cruise) and a KR-2S. Not sure either is going to be really suitable for a 650m grass strip and realistically both are still a few years away so I'm looking at options right now. Gotta build a hangar and a house first though!

Anyway, enough about me. I'm sure I'll get to know many of you over time and might even meet some of you at flyins and what not.

Happy aviating.

Tony

Welcome Tony,

Sounds like you've been busy - And getting busier!!!

Pud

Guest davidh10

Welcome Tony. Obviously no need to indicate the benefits of active site membership :big_grin:.

Good luck with your build projects. Perhaps, as others have done, you could start a thread for each and post progress. It makes interesting reading fro all of us, even non-builders, like myself.

Welcome Tony. Good to see another Gattonite around. You should definitely post progress of both your aircraft and the strip. And if you ever need a hangar rat to help with the build, let me know. I just love being round aircraft being built.

Best of luck,

Shags