Temporary Hanger Space Needed

techie49

Does anyone know of, or have any suggestions as to where I might do the final assembly of my Zodiac 601XL(B)? I need somewhere preferably not too busy and within 1-2 hours of Bayside, Melbourne. Ideally I'd like to rent space in a hangar for a month around the end of November. I'd need to do taxi testing so a good runway would be a bonus. Although I've built the aircraft in my double garage, it's difficult to get the wings on there and put the aileron rods in the wings. Also it would then need to be dismantled for transport. Any offers ????

Paul Toone

Guest rocketdriver
Does anyone know of, or have any suggestions as to where I might do the final assembly of my Zodiac 601XL(B)? I need somewhere preferably not too busy and within 1-2 hours of Bayside, Melbourne. Ideally I'd like to rent space in a hangar for a month around the end of November. I'd need to do taxi testing so a good runway would be a bonus. Although I've built the aircraft in my double garage, it's difficult to get the wings on there and put the aileron rods in the wings. Also it would then need to be dismantled for transport. Any offers ????Paul Toone

Hi Paul .... In a similar situation to you, I went to Leongatha and spoke to the guys down there and managed to scrounge some temporary space ....... Nice long runway, but beware the soft wet grass if its been raining hard!

I also know that the guys in Yarram are very helpful ........

cheers

RD

Hi Paul .... In a similar situation to you, I went to Leongatha and spoke to the guys down there and managed to scrounge some temporary space ....... Nice long runway, but beware the soft wet grass if its been raining hard!I also know that the guys in Yarram are very helpful ........

cheers

RD

Cheers RD.

Funnily enough I spoke to them today but no result. I was hoping to do my testing there due to the runway and the wide open space. What are you building?

Paul

Guest rocketdriver
Cheers RD.Funnily enough I spoke to them today but no result. I was hoping to do my testing there due to the runway and the wide open space. What are you building?

Paul

Hi Paul.... I have 2 KR2 a/c in my garage, imported from Canada. One registered here but with some accident damage to fix, the other apparenly airworthy, not yet re registered here and needing the a/c version of cosmetic surgery to correct ugliness! ....

Problem is I have run out of funds so need to sell one to finance the other ...... Know anyone that wants one?

cheers

RD

Guest rocketdriver
Cheers RD.Funnily enough I spoke to them today but no result. Paul

Yes, I got the same reply from Barry Foster but went down there and had a chat with a few of the guys and managed to get some temporary accomodation ...... I think you have to front up there at the weekend aand see what is what. Also there's Latrobe Valley .....

Cheers

RD

Maybe give Lilydale a call? They're building new hangars at the mo (or just built them - not sure of the progress) so they might have some space?

Thanks Darky,

I'll certainly follow that one up. What's the situation with jumpers? Don't they do a fair bit at Lilydale?

Paul

Yes, I got the same reply from Barry Foster but went down there and had a chat with a few of the guys and managed to get some temporary accomodation ...... I think you have to front up there at the weekend aand see what is what. Also there's Latrobe Valley .....Cheers

RD

Hi RD,

Your KR2 wouldn't be the one slightly bent at Leongatha recently???

It's certainly a case of 'right place, right time' for hanger space. I have enquired at Tyabb too but the only space at the time available was ridiculously expensive, it was an aircraft hotel by the sound of it!!!!

I suppose ultimately I might have to assemble it on a patch of mud. At least I can get both wings on at the same time.

Paul

Guest rocketdriver
Hi RD,Your KR2 wouldn't be the one slightly bent at Leongatha recently???

It's certainly a case of 'right place, right time' for hanger space. I have enquired at Tyabb too but the only space at the time available was ridiculously expensive, it was an aircraft hotel by the sound of it!!!!

I suppose ultimately I might have to assemble it on a patch of mud. At least I can get both wings on at the same time.

Paul

Yes.... mea culpa!