Just landed, literally

Konrad

Just landed after finishing a GA to RA-Aus conversion. GA is too boring, and I'm getting too old to keep running around with my powered hang glider. Looking forward to trying a Moyes Bailey Dragonfly. Does anybody out there have any comparisons to offer on Dragonflies, Bantam and Drifter or similar aircraft? I want something slow with a good view!

Just landed after finishing a GA to RA-Aus conversion. GA is too boring, and I'm getting too old to keep running around with my powered hang glider. Looking forward to trying a Moyes Bailey Dragonfly. Does anybody out there have any comparisons to offer on Dragonflies, Bantam and Drifter or similar aircraft? I want something slow with a good view!

G'day Konrad! Welcome along

Where abouts are you based?

We have Dragonflies out at Dalby for towing hang gliders. And that's pretty much what you would only do with them... they are a real handful on the ground as they just can't help but fly! So any amount of wind and she's wanting to go - the problem is when you aren't sitting in the seat to control it!

The Drifter is probably more versatile for just having fun, and it has a few more knots cruise for going places as well. But they would be a bit fast to tow hangies with.

Never flown a Bantam, but they look like they'd go alright! To be honest I'd rather the Drifter over the Bantam though I'm sure...

To buy a Dragonfly I think they are around $50k new... you can pick up a decent Drifter for $15-18k

G'day Konrad! Welcome along, Where abouts are you based? [...] We have Dragonflies [...] wanting to go - the problem is when you aren't sitting in the seat to control it!

Based in Perth - with a hangar not too far away near York. Thanks for the feedback. I guess leaving a Dragonfly sitting on the ground is much like leaving a hang glider. Don't walk away too far from it!