Seeking Info on South Australia - Normanville

Not sure where to post this exactly - here will do for now.

Anybody tell me if there is a strip near Normanville in South Australia? Looking to visit there later in the year and tie down the plane for a couple of days.

Thanks.

You're right Chris, but I'm looking for a closer private strip. I've looked on Google Earth but the area just south of Normanville hasn't been scanned on my version, so I have a friend who has flown the area often looking for a disc that has private strips listed.

I'm a member of the Aldinga Flying Club and you'd be most welcome to drop by. We do have a web site but it's recently been 'upgraded' and I'm having trouble accessing it.The airfield is well used and maintained by Martyn Smith and his family. They also operate http://www.Adelaidebiplanes.com.au

Goolwa is much quieter except at the weekend when the sky divers move in, not sure if there's a web site. Goolwa is a really beautiful town near the mouth of the River Murray, well worth visiting.

I'll get back to you when I receive further info.

Regards, Doug

Let me know when you intend to come Paul. We'll make it a date. Out of interest, club site is www.aldingaaeroclub.org.au You will need wheels to go anywhere from the field. Beware of the vine poles on take-off and landing, one of the reasons why I prefer to fly out of Murray Bridge.

Cheers, Doug

Thanks for all replies. Will not be for a while, my father is retiring to live there next year - sounds like a nice part of the coast. Spent 6 months in Adelaide in 1989 and have fond memories of it. Probably less chaotic than Brisbane has become!

May make it to Murray Bridge as an alternative or en-route - will let you know Doug.

I saw that someone posted a photo of my ride in one of the air photo websites (actually a German site!) - so look out for this down there later in the year:

(sorry about the width Ian - can I fix?)

Well spotted Chris. Can't find his shadow so I suspect he is a lot higher than the power line. He's headed for Carrickalinga but could have come from anywhere.

I'm told that there are a lot of AG strip down that way but most are in poor condition.

Doug

Sure am, just like the Queen it's named after, just big enough to be comfortable with some prominant features and a very welcoming and friendly nature.(Must learn to get s)

Paul, you might like to meet Chris Spirou down at MB, I'll see what I can do. Just make sure that the aero box is clear when you come in Doug