The Best Day

icebob

Hi All,

Yesterday(Sunday) was one of the best days I have had in a long time. A good friend of mine loaned me his C185 to take my 10yo grandson for his first flight. The lad was so excited which in some ways was a concern as he has downs syndrom and has poor bowel control. Anyway as we were at Camden I took him over to see some of the gliders and talk to the people there and a big thank you to them all for being so kind and understanding with him. Well we took off up towards Katoomba then over The Oaks at about 4000 and back to Camden. The grandson was blown away with all the sights and sounds and had the biggest smile. When we got just over the end of the Katoomba township he turned to me and said"Is this the angles backyard"? Well you could have blown me away and if i wasn't flying would have given him a big hug. I told him yes this IS the angles backyard and that is why poppy loves flying. He has booked me for another flight sometime soon after I take him fishing.

Bob.

• Like 4

Hi dazza,

Yes he is a wonderful child, we all get lots of hugs and his communications skills are getting better now, he still has the lisp. He in a joy to have around.

Now I have a flying companion, well when we are not fishing.

Bob.

• Like 2

Hi Ally,

Thanks, he is a wonderful child, as i am sure those of us fortunate enough to have kids or grandkids with disabilities find out.

Friday we are having him over for a sleep over so I will get on the web site here and let him "read" all of this.

Bob.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Thanks, yes he is very special and I am a very proud Grandfather too. When i think of what he said and how deep a thought it was i get a lump in the chest.

Our fishing trips always end up as a "back to nature" trip, there is butterflies,trees, clouds and birds to wonder over and the fish are his special focus oh mud puddles too, ha,ha.

Bob.

Bob

These things that happen now to you make you reflect back into your own childhood memories and how innocent things were and dreams were real.

It is only when we grow up that it all seems to change but once children and grandkids (one day) come along it all changes again and the dreams are real once again.

cheers

Bruce

Thanks Bob,

On Christmas Day, my wife and I received a fantastic present. We were told that we are to become grandparents for the first time! Cannot wait for all the joys and special times to be "lived" ....

Thanks again Bob - He is really special! - I hope the fising is another Best Day!

Peter