Carrathool Pub

Studentbiggles

Hello Fellow Aviators.

As some of you know I'm in the process of moving interstate from Renmark (SA) to the family farm at Tarcutta (NSW), I'm on the final leg of the house clean and packed up of my Home Based Business here in Renmark, but what I wanted to share with you all, on the way back from Tarcutta last Thursday, coming across the Hay Plains (God their long and boring!) I noticed a hand written sign on the side of the road about 60klms East of Hay..........it was 12noon and I said to the Hansome Harry (dog) "We need a drink a walk and a wee.........the Carrathool Pub is about 7 or so klms up the turn off.

"WOW"......what a find......brand new pub, family, female, dog, grey nomad and "Pilot" friendly.......congrats to Trish and her family and staff for providing an"Oasis" out in the middleof "No Where"

I made an inquiry as to whether they have an air strip going in for pilots doing a long nav.......its a work in progress I was told by one of the patrons at the bar, who's a local. At this stage the air strip will be right near the pub (short walk) and they will have food and accommodation.

The contact no is (02) 69935117.......they will have a web site up and running soon with all the details.

I told Trish that I would gladly give her pub a write up on this site, for she would love to see lots of pilots and friends dropped in and enjoy the Pub's hospitality.........

Ian, I hope you don't mind me highlighting this Flyin spot, please contact Trish when you get a chance so that they can advertise their great "Watering Hole" for all Pilots on this site.

Cheers .......................Alley +" Harry"

PS...........Also stopped this side of "Tubbo" ststion to watch an Air Tractor do his/her ariel spraying.....God their good and soooooo skilled pilots.

• Like 3

JG3 has compiled a Google Map of Pubs with food, accommodation & less than a 1km walk from landing. The original thread is http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/pubs-i-want-to-fly-to-one-day.28154/ and the google link is http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=208172682501724513260.0004ab2697c752a1eb177&msa=0&ll=-28.690588,133.330078&spn=40.342952,50.537109

• Like 1

Hello Fellow Aviators.As some of you know I'm in the process of moving interstate from Renmark (SA) to the family farm at Tarcutta (NSW), I'm on the final leg of the house clean and packed up of my Home Based Business here in Renmark, but what I wanted to share with you all, on the way back from Tarcutta last Thursday, coming across the Hay Plains (God their long and boring!) I noticed a hand written sign on the side of the road about 60klms East of Hay..........it was 12noon and I said to the Hansome Harry (dog) "We need a drink a walk and a wee.........the Carrathool Pub is about 7 or so klms up the turn off.

"WOW"......what a find......brand new pub, family, female, dog, grey nomad and "Pilot" friendly.......congrats to Trish and her family and staff for providing an"Oasis" out in the middleof "No Where"

I made an inquiry as to whether they have an air strip going in for pilots doing a long nav.......its a work in progress I was told by one of the patrons at the bar, who's a local. At this stage the air strip will be right near the pub (short walk) and they will have food and accommodation.

The contact no is (02) 69935117.......they will have a web site up and running soon with all the details.

I told Trish that I would gladly give her pub a write up on this site, for she would love to see lots of pilots and friends dropped in and enjoy the Pub's hospitality.........

Ian, I hope you don't mind me highlighting this Flyin spot, please contact Trish when you get a chance so that they can advertise their great "Watering Hole" for all Pilots on this site.

Cheers .......................Alley +" Harry"

PS...........Also stopped this side of "Tubbo" ststion to watch an Air Tractor do his/her ariel spraying.....God their good and soooooo skilled pilots.

Hi Alley

Often thought that the pub needed a strip, would be a good fly away from Deniliquin, only 60 mins but could be the start or finish of something.

Get a bit spoilt where I live as the 804 and 802 air tractors come across my roof every day and last week they were top dressing millet about 100 mts from my house, unreal to watch, up over the top of my place at about 200' or maybe higher or lower.

They know me and they know that it does not bother me or my family if they are close to our property.

Should have had the camera out but didn't but will next time.

PS. Did you stay the day or did you keep on going, to me the pub sounds like it is sort the place that you would stop for a break, get a beer and just stay.

To me it sounds like the perfect spot for an afternoon flight and return sunday morning after breakfast.

cheers

Bruce

• Like 1