RA Aus issues related to the Lake Hume Accident

David Isaac

Guest Robert Cocks

Well lets see, if there was indeed a "splinter" group or though I feel more like an "associated group", with RAA registrations maybe.

What would all the powers to be allow or more correctly what could the group nogotiate?

Would you need the amount of insurance cover that RAA has now, I think not, not for single seaters and indeed the magazine in it's current format would be of little value to this group.

A set of guidelines yes maybe, these guidelines would have to be very practical build/fly standards, I think.

Would this group need some sort of formal"charter" I think not, the group would function very well on the KISS system, "simplified aircrft, simplified rules" would be the go.

I too think once the word got out there would be quite a lot of "unknown" aircraft and pilots come out of the woodwork, it may surprise our rule makers too

I know of at least two who have just given flying away because of age and eye sight and both are in thier late 70's and both were RAAF pilots in thier 20's and have flown every day possible all this time without an issue.

Bob.