Propeller pitch

pudestcon

I have often seen propeller pitch quoted as degrees of pitch such as "12 degrees", also have seen pitch expressed as "28", for example. I'm sure that is not 28 degrees of pitch!! But what is it, and how do you convert to degrees?

Pud

I have often seen propeller pitch quoted as degrees of pitch such as "12 degrees", also have seen pitch expressed as "28", for example. I'm sure that is not 28 degrees of pitch!! But what is it, and how do you convert to degrees?Pud

You already have the concept regarding the degrees of pitch so the other figure (28") is the distance that the prop will screw thru a large tub of soft butter in one revolution. You're an old chippy - think of a lead screw in a 'yankee screwdriver' (and disregard the butter if you're measuring the prop at home).

You already have the concept regarding the degrees of pitch so the other figure (28") is the distance that the prop will screw thru a large tub of soft butter in one revolution. You're an old chippy - think of a lead screw in a 'yankee screwdriver' (and disregard the butter if you're measuring the prop at home).

Thanks Riley, whilst reading your reply I thought to myself "You already know this you nong!" Thanks for stimulating my grey cells that have not been used for a while:smile:

Now check out my other thread in this section and give me some answers please!!!

Pud