'Hi' from Goulburn NSW

boingk

Hi there all, I'm from Goulburn, NSW and first started flying in January. I've always wanted to and thought one day 'why not'? Since then I havent looked back.

I will shortly be obtaining my PPL, with a view to completing my CPL by years end. This might seem very ambitious but I think its doable with some hard work and sticktoitiveness. Yes, I'm working hard to fund this! I figure hard work now will result in a career I can be proud of later.

One thing I'd better put out there in the open is that I'm looking to buy an aircraft of my own. Ideally it'd have a 70kt+ cruise with at least 3 or 4 hours duration, and be capable of carrying myself plus one passenger. RA-Aus registration would be a big plus, as would a ticket price under $30k.

Anyway, thats all for now and can I say its good to find a site with so many informative and friendly posters.

Cheers - boingk

• Like 1

Guest davidh10

Welcome, Boink.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, but it should be very enjoyable as well as hard work. Best wishes with your goal.

Hey Boingk, You mean the aircraft in the avatar is not yours!!!!

Sounds like you will have the wings flown of by the time the year is out! You should be able to dig something up in that price range to suit your needs it just wont me a cream puff is all. Still the longer you scratch around the more you will unearth!

Cheers guys, and yes, the plane in the photo *is* mine... but has a wingspan of 800mm and flies with the aid of radio control. Apart from being an aspiring commercial pilot I'm also an avid enthusiast of radio-controlled aircraft.

On 'flying the wings off', yes, thats the plan! Buy something, fly it as much as possible, and then either keep or sell it once I get my CPL. I'd rather buy my own than pay $250 and hour to hire a C150 out at the local field for the nhext 110 hours!

Cheers - boingk

No worries mate, shall do. At the moment I'm flying the red/white Cessna 150M, having a ball but at the same time a bit frustrated at its inefficiency... 25L/hr for a climb thats best decribed as 'marginal'? No thanks blink.gif.7ee21b69ed31ab2b1903acc52ec4cc3f.gif

Right now I'm negotiating with a fellow regarding possible purchase of a plane... all metal, 85kt cruise, 4hr+ duration, single seat and all the bells and whistles as far as instrumentation go. I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Cheers - boingk