Just landed? or am i just taking off!

Hi,

I am new to the site, and I like what I see so far.

I have just started flying lessons and am looking forward to the day when I can go a little bit further outside of the training zone!

Hope to contribute to posts soon!

Jonathan

Oh Sorry!

I am currently learning at Tyabb airfield which is The Peninsula Aero Club http://www.pac.asn.au/I've started to learn in a Cessna 152.

I am originally from the UK and now live in Mornington Victoria.

Was looking at getting my own headset soon too, so if anyone has any recommendations! Feel free to email me!

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh Sorry!I am currently learning at Tyabb airfield which is The Peninsula Aero Club http://www.pac.asn.au/I've started to learn in a Cessna 152.

I am originally from the UK and now live in Mornington Victoria.

Was looking at getting my own headset soon too, so if anyone has any recommendations! Feel free to email me!

Cheers

Hi Jonno,

I will add my welcome to the others. Tyabb's a nice airfield - I am sure you will enjoy your training there.

As a Pom myself I am always interested to know which part of the UK other Poms are from...I'm from Leigh-on-sea in Essex (born in London).

WRT the headset there was a recent thread on this, and the conclusion was that the shop on this web site (under Pilot Supplies) had a very good value-for-money headset available. Have one myself, so can vouch for that. Take a look and compare......

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

Its unfortunate your from London - it cant be helped...029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif At least you made the good decision to emigrate to Oz.

I am originally from Yorkshire (near Skipton) Born and imbred (I'll get that in first) Then I moved to the south to teach in Winchester.

Been in Oz for three years now, and would never go back - Even if they deported me!!

How do you like it? Where abouts are you flying from?

Jonathan

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Jonathan to the land down under, to the world of flying and also this forum. I was born in Guernsey (Channel Islands) but lived oop in Halifax durin war then returned to Guernsey in 1945. Have been in Australia since 1970 as I was deported from Guernsey because they could not stand my weird sense of humour, which you will no doubt discover.

You will learn a lot more from this forum than you would ever learn in London. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan Marriette.

• Like 1

Hi Neil,Its unfortunate your from London - it cant be helped...029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif At least you made the good decision to emigrate to Oz.

I am originally from Yorkshire (near Skipton) Born and imbred (I'll get that in first) Then I moved to the south to teach in Winchester.

Been in Oz for three years now, and would never go back - Even if they deported me!!

How do you like it? Where abouts are you flying from?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Eeee by gum - a Yorkshireman! Didn't your folk invent the Email? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

I've been in Oz for about 14 years now, and my Pommy mates say I now talk funny (but you Northerners would have thought that anyway, right? 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif )

Don't miss the frosty UK mornings scraping ice off the windscreen, but I think you would agree the beer here tastes funny.....(guess I should drink more in order to get used to it)

I fly from Penfield, near Sunbury - maybe we should meet up one day at Tyabb to keep up the tradition of Pommy whinging while having one of those strange cold beers...

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

Hi,I am new to the site, and I like what I see so far.

I have just started flying lessons and am looking forward to the day when I can go a little bit further outside of the training zone!

Hope to contribute to posts soon!

Jonathan

Great to see you land in this place, Jonathan! Welcome also to my home country!!

May you enjoy your flying ...I am in flight training as well (currently on hold for a little while till the finances make a bit of a recovery). My training takes place in a Piper Super Cub taildragger. I may possibly transfer to ultralight training as this is a bit cheaper but the jury is still out on this because the flight school I attend has really good instructors and I would like as much of the basic training to done through them.

We'll look forward to your posts.