FK9

Fell in love with this aircraft at Gawler on Saturday. Great looking machine. Does anyone know anything about these machines? It can be hired at Gawler if you meet the requirements and get checked by an instructor.

Nice looking aircraft but has so much nice plastic trim that it rattles in flight. Also very limited carrying weight as its weight has been taken up by flash trim.. Also a bit cramped when inside... Very nice looking unit and they fly very well.. It's one of those things you have to balance up as we are all looking for different things and have different finances... I do know that when you need parts it takes a while to get them as they are made overseas, ad we have few in Australia... The other aircraft I like is the Foxbat and we have one you can try at Gawler also.. Same problems with parts, however they are better covered here in Australia and have one of the highest load carrying in its class...

Just from my point of view..

Mardy

Fell in love with this aircraft at Gawler on Saturday. Great looking machine. Does anyone know anything about these machines? It can be hired at Gawler if you meet the requirements and get checked by an instructor.[/trolquote]There are 2 Fk9's on line at a school in Gympie Queensland One is a tricycle the other is a Tail Dragger. I don't agree with the amount of plastic trim and the rattle in flight comment. They are quiet,quick and appear to be standing up well in a training environment.

Willborne.

Yes I do like the Foxbat. I saw one in Murray Bridge. I will have to try and get a fly in one at Gawler one day. My wife is a photographer and would love the Foxbat.

In my very inexperienced opinion, the Foxbat is a great little plane. Takes off like a scared rabbit, cruises hands-off, very responsive, and the visibility is like a chopper.

I read the threat thanks petetheprinta. I think before rushing out and buying an aircraft I should try and fly in as many as possible. I do love the Jabiru 170 though. I am sure there will never be a shortage of planes for sale.