Flat tyre :(

sfGnome

Managed to pick up a flat on one of the main wheels this evening. Didn't have the gear with me to examine it, so I don't know how much damage is done, but I'm hopeful that it is just a tube.

Question is, despite googling at length (and searching this site), I'm none the wiser as to whether there is a supplier in Sydney. Anyone know of where I should look?

The tyre size is "5.00-5"

Thanks

Guest Maj Millard

5 x 5.00 is a standard aviation tire size, and used for instance on the nose wheel of Cessna 150-152 aircraft, amoungst others. Deflation generally occurs through a puncture, or damage to the valve if the tire pressure is too low, and the tire has rotated on the rim (usually during landing). If it's not an aviation style tire then best bet would be to find a tire outlet that stocks tires for ride-on mowers etc...Alternatly a call to your Tecnam dealer may also help...............................................Maj...

Thanks OME (and congrats by the way!), but I ended up taking the lazy way out and got the maintenance blokes at the field to fix it. More expensive, but maybe not when I add in the travelling and futzing around involved.