Acronyms NOSU??

I heard an acronym used today in relation to navigation. I believe it was NOSU?. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it means and in what context it may be used, I came in on the end of the conversation and didn't want to butt in. Thanks.

Possibly ONUS? (Overshoot North Undershoot South) in regards to an aircrafts compass. So if turning towards the north and you want to roll out on a specific heading you would aim to roll out on a heading a bit more then what you want and if you are turning towards the south then you would undershoot your preffered heading due to the way the compass works and the few seconds it takes to settle onto the actual heading once you stop turning.

Disclaimer: I havnt done my navigation yet so If I have provided incorrect information then I aplogise.

• Like 2

Possibly ONUS? (Overshoot North Undershoot South) in regards to an aircrafts compass. So if turning towards the north and you want to roll out on a specific heading you would aim to roll out on a heading a bit more then what you want and if you are turning towards the south then you would undershoot your preffered heading due to the way the compass works and the few seconds it takes to settle onto the actual heading once you stop turning.Disclaimer: I havnt done my navigation yet so If I have provided incorrect information then I aplogise.

Yes that's it, many thanks Nathan...what a memory I have, right letters wrong order.

"on GPS select - GOTO, then enter the 4 letter code for the destination, then press enter. Follow line until overhead field. watch out for other aircraft." end of Nav lesson...lol

• Like 4