What value on a j430?

Jaba-who

I am just canvassing any list members who have either bought or sold a j430 in the last year.

I'm in the difficult position of needing get a value on my 5year old J430 - marital disaster - I don't want to sell it to find out what it's worth just get an idea of a value for asset pool calculation.

Gauging a likely value is difficult for many reasons including age, hours incident history maintsined by me not a LAME etc using ads in mags is not helpful. Problem is there are lots of ads in various magazines but they are what people are asking not what they are getting. Some are still for sale after a year or more.

I have had it nominally valued at a distance by jabiru but the wife does not accept the valuation because the guys at jabiru are friends of mine. The local auctioneer /valuer has admitted he has no idea what it's worth as he's never valued a home built plane in the experimental class before. (I had to explain what it all meant) he was initially going to use the value of a Cessna 172 as a guide.

So my question is - what real actual price have people been selling or buying a j430 for? Answer off list if you'd prefer. [email protected]