New boy on the block

Guest keiran ryan

Guest keiran ryan

Hi all

Have just had my third lesson at Tooradin in a Jabiru.

Keen to learn from all those who have gone before me.

Am spending a lot of time reading about the wonderful range of aircraft to get into in the near future.

Any advice greatfully received! Will be interested in a share arrangement once I decide on the best aircrft for my interests.

Cheers

Keiran:)

Welcome Keiran, all landings here are good ones, which is more than we can say for a lot of our real ones. Practice makes perfect so they say. You'll find plenty of advice and fellowship within our group and I'm sure, at times, you'll be overwhelmed by the amount of advice offered. As for the right aircraft for yourself, listen, read and go with an informed decision that you have made, not one that has been foisted onto you by others.

Happy landings......Doug

Hey Keiran, and welcome to the forums.

You'll find that you have come to the best recreational aviation forum on the internet, there is a lot to learn, and there are a lot of educators on this forum willing to share all kinds of knowledge with you.

When it comes to purchasing an aircraft, you will most likely find that you are heavily biased towards the aircraft you received your training in. Since that is a Jabiru, you will most likely want one of those when you get your pilots certificate. Then again, you may find you hate it. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

There is no shortage of aircraft users here that can help you form an un-biased opinion on which aircraft can suite your needs.

Since I came to this forum, my dream aircraft I want to own has shifted from a Gazelle, to a Jabiru, and is now on a CT, it's all great fun, so be prepared. ;)

Welcome again.

Guest keiran ryan
Hey Keiran, and welcome to the forums.You'll find that you have come to the best recreational aviation forum on the internet, there is a lot to learn, and there are a lot of educators on this forum willing to share all kinds of knowledge with you.

When it comes to purchasing an aircraft, you will most likely find that you are heavily biased towards the aircraft you received your training in. Since that is a Jabiru, you will most likely want one of those when you get your pilots certificate. Then again, you may find you hate it. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

There is no shortage of aircraft users here that can help you form an un-biased opinion on which aircraft can suite your needs.

Since I came to this forum, my dream aircraft I want to own has shifted from a Gazelle, to a Jabiru, and is now on a CT, it's all great fun, so be prepared. ;)

Welcome again.

I am really impressed by all the friendly advice and detailed information avilable to a newcomer.The Jabiru is the only beast I have flown so I can't do any realistic choice for the dream machine of the future. On paper the CT looks incredibly impressive. At the risk of being beaten up by the Jabiru owners, I dislike the seats and find the controls poorly positioned.It does seem to fly well and price is realistic.

Thanks for the welcome!