Itinerary Planning Information

Riley

During the months of June thru Oct this year, wife & self will be touring around Oz (Perth/Bris/ Syd/Mel/Adelaide/Alice/Darwin/Perth) in a fifty-year-old Riley Elf towing a 'flipper' camper trailer (literally & figuratively we'll be the turtle with it's home on it's back, but what the hell, we got lots of time!). The 'raison d'etre' is to visit rellies & friends, participate in a National Riley Rally in the Barossa in Aug and to visit as many interstate airfields/flying clubs/aviation museums/restoration projects etc as possible, both to put faces on names that I've met on this forum and to meet/make new friends. In that regard, I'd be most grateful for advice from fellow forumites as to what may be happening in the swamps and ridges (aviation-wise) around your area at any time during that period so that I can start working on a flight plan......fly-ins, Club days, a local show with aircraft on display, $100 hamburger mornings, monthly meetings etc, anything at all that pertains to low & slow forward levitation. If anything comes to mind over the next couple of months I'd be grateful of your PM'd advice. To my sadness (and the wife's great delight), there isn't room on the top of the camper to carry a folding-wing, single seater...life's a bitch eh? cheers Riley

• Like 2

life's a bitch eh? cheers Riley

That life sounds pretty damn good to me Riley. What a way to go!!!

I predict you will be inundated with offers from our flying bretheren between here and the Eastern Seaboard.

Check out the aviation museum in Alice, it's worth a visit.

Pud

During the months of June thru Oct this year, wife & self will be touring around Oz (Perth/Bris/ Syd/Mel/Adelaide/Alice/Darwin/Perth) in a fifty-year-old Riley Elf towing a 'flipper' camper trailer (literally & figuratively we'll be the turtle with it's home on it's back, but what the hell, we got lots of time!). The 'raison d'etre' is to visit rellies & friends, participate in a National Riley Rally in the Barossa in Aug and to visit as many interstate airfields/flying clubs/aviation museums/restoration projects etc as possible, both to put faces on names that I've met on this forum and to meet/make new friends. In that regard, I'd be most grateful for advice from fellow forumites as to what may be happening in the swamps and ridges (aviation-wise) around your area at any time during that period so that I can start working on a flight plan......fly-ins, Club days, a local show with aircraft on display, $100 hamburger mornings, monthly meetings etc, anything at all that pertains to low & slow forward levitation. If anything comes to mind over the next couple of months I'd be grateful of your PM'd advice. To my sadness (and the wife's great delight), there isn't room on the top of the camper to carry a folding-wing, single seater...life's a bitch eh? cheers Riley

caravan park on airfield at Gawler next door to barossa

Mick W