Bluehead 582 anyone got a cost on one recently

Guest Andys@coffs

Guest Andys@coffs

HITC thanks heaps...what about freight? Im not that far away from you so likely roughly the same....

Does the bare engine include the oil injection or is that an extra?

Andy

The 8 plus, say 8.5 was for the lot but not instruments I think and not incl freight but that's only about $130. Even so I've been looking for best possible cost to try and make something of this cheap 2 seat concept and get back to ultralight basics.. in which case, if you're not in a big hurry you can save around 20% off that if you buy a 'better than new' from Rotax Rick in US and the rads and exhaust from the US eBay site and get it all freighted by economy FedEx - note - their economy service!

Guest Andys@coffs

I need a replacement for an Airborne trike with a siezed engine that is already on double oversize...So probably the core alone would be the go, everything else is fine....

Andy

No such thing as a core, they always come with carbies. 5k from Flood new with 3month/50 hr warranty. Or $4k new and/or remanufactured from Rotax Rick (plus $300 freight) with lifetime warranty to plus 50% TBO (750hrs?)... Rotax Rick is something else, worth checking...

No such thing as a core, they always come with carbies, 5k from flood with 3 mth/50hr warranty. Or 4k plus $300 freight from Rotax Rick remanufactured with TBO (600hrs+) warranty! Rick is something else, worth checking!

Sorry to butt in here, but where do you get the 600hrs/750hrs from.

AFAIK, TBO on a 582 is still 300hrs. Plus 50 per cent equals 450hrs.

Or am I missing something?

Sorry to butt in here, but where do you get the 600hrs/750hrs from.AFAIK, TBO on a 582 is still 300hrs. Plus 50 per cent equals 450hrs.

Or am I missing something?

Not sure, I might have mixed something up, I haven't had a 2T for many a year and I thought the 582 TBO was 450. I was talking to Rick and he mentioned 50% increase in TBO, so perhaps that was to 450 rather than from 450. I do remember he said folks were running them over 600hrs though, so I guess that's 'on condition'.

All that said I'm surprised the 582 TBO is so low. I used to run 503s to around 700 once they fitted the dog clutch to the gearboxes and the cranks stopped breaking.

There are many stories of 582's going well beyond TBO...unfortunately not from me....Andy

We have two of them in our hangar, one with 900+ and the other on 760. Both still running like clockwork.

The official TBO in the Rotax 582 manual is 300hrs, however I see that one of the biggest french authorised repair centres tells people to bring 582's for overhaul at 450hrs

Don't buy anything but the total bit. Most carbs are exhibiting some wear/damage and getting the muffler etc means you start off with a known quantity. all new and matched. I think all the 582's are oil injected now. 8.5 k sounds about right, but that should be the top because I can't see why an engine that has been around for as long as this has, unchanged, should go up in price. The A$ is good so... Floods are the importers, I guess they have a monopoly. Nev