Tracks on maps how?

Ultralights

I have seen on a few trip reports now, the track flown overlaid on a chart then posted to this site,

Just how do you do that?

I have just bought a Garmin GPS96C, will this unit and its software be capable of doing such cool things???

Thanks.

Guest Andys@coffs

Software package called Ozziexplorer, with a digital WAC map that can be purchased from http://www.maptrax.com.au/aeronauticalcharts/ in Cairns. Youll need to connect your PC to the 296 and Oziexplorer will then download the route and display it for you over the WAC map(s).

I may be up at Willy shortly in the next week or so( at our work) , if it comes off, I'll bring up my tablet PC which has it all loaded and working to show you

Andy

Unfortunately i have now just moved to Nowra to work at the Navy base there.

from what i understand is, the Oziexplorer software with the digital maps work independently to the GPS unit?

Guest Andys@coffs

Yes they can work independantly to the GPS, but the real power of the solution only comes when the 2 are linked, which doesnt have to happen all the time, rather the breadcrumbs track in the 296 is downloaded to Ozzie after the flight, and the GPS routes and waypoints are uploaded from Ozzie to the GPS before the flight.

Andy

Thanks for that, i understand now, i initially thought that the mapsource oziexplorer type software replaced the software and maps in the GPS itself..

cant wait to start playing with my new toy when it arrives!

Thanks again.