Larry Mednick

Had a fly of the Revo with Larry in the back seat, now there is a man that knows his stuff !

We drove over to Yarrawonga on Monday night, spent the night then went out to the airfield early.

The 100hp Revo with 12.5m sport wing is certainly a completely different animal to my Quantum Q2 with the 582 strapped on the back. Very impressive.

Just have to say what an impressive character Larry is. Although he was there to extoll the virtues of his Revo, there was also a Tanarg with Bionix13 and an Airborne Arrow in the hanger and the man was happy to point out all that is good about the those 2 aircraft to me, something that I found refreshing, as one of my pet peeves in the industry is factories and instructor/salespeople not so much bagging other peoples stuff but making claims about there products, such as cruise speeds and glide ratios that are not able to be reproduced in reality (something that was going on in the background at the same time re one of the other machines).

We then followed on down to Melbourne in the evening to the Southern Microlight club meeting where Larry gave a talk on Spiral dive recovery and using you body and positioning yourself to best control the aircraft at all times. Again I say the man knows his stuff.

• Like 2