Lane of entry VS VFR arrival and departure routes!!!

Hey all,

So i went and opened my big fat mouth today in my Air Law class saying that the difference in simple terms was one was suggested and one required which was different to my teachers view slightly, he said that he didn't disagree but wants me to provide the legislation and i cant find it!! My instructor is the one who had found it and i cant seem to can any one help me!?!? Im after legit info, Ive gone over my Jepps with no success and didn't have AIP's handy but im sure one of you knowledgeable people should be able to help . Cheers

Guest Andys@coffs

Well lanes of entry and their use for a specific location are described in ERSA .... Heres a copy of the maitland Lane for Williamtown NSW

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/ersa/FAC_YWLM_7-Mar-2013.pdf (Bottom of Page 4)

Not sure if that answers the question...what is the legal basis for ERSA?

I think I read that the lane itself is class G inside a higher class of airspace (Must be or we wouldnt be able to use them in RAAus)

Andy

Ben

Here is the AIP definition of Lanes of Entry.

AIP 1.4 - 14

6.LANES OF ENTRY

6.1 Lanes of entry are established to permit passage to and from specified Class D CTR without entering an adjacent Class C or military

CTR. The vertical limits provide separation from overlying control or restricted areas.

They are a block of airspace with specified lateral and vertical boundaries. There may or may not be a particular route specified within the lane.

Whereas VFR Arrival and Departure ROUTES are specified routes, via VFR Approach Points and Tracking Points, into and out of Class D CTR for VFR aircraft. These routes are shown on the Visual Terminal Charts (VTCs). VTCs are part of the AIP package and as such are legal documents.

There are also VFR routes marked on VTC and VNC by a series of purple dots that provide designated routes through or around Class C airspace for VFR aircraft.

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif