New guy, just landed!

Afkap

G'day guys,

Funny story, I have significant aviation experience, yet have never really thought about the world of microlighting. Last weekend, a friend rocked up to my mates farm sporting a trailer and an odd looking contraption. Turns out he'd gotten hooked on Aero Chuting. I wasn't a fan of the parachute being my wing, although it looked like a lot of fun, plus the takeoff roll was very short!

Got me thinking that night, I'd rather a wing than a parachute, whats out there? So I went online and started researching. Now I have the microlight bug! Going to head down to Strathalbyn and upto Gawler this weekend to have a chat with both Trike schools, and see whats on offer. Quite excited.

My question is, I'm located in Adelaide. My understanding is after you've gone solo, you need to get your own trike to continue with. Is this correct? Can I hire a Microlight from Gawler or Strathalybn?

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been told about Rob up at Gawler, I'll be heading up there on Saturday morning. Good point about the Barossa Airshow. Sunday morning Larry emailed that he'd be at the Strathalbyn airstrip with students, so I'll pop down then to have a chat. Might even do a ITF...

The aerochute is one of the safest ways to fly,it doesn't need a hanger or two people and 1 hour to set up,no runway req and take it anywhere .i don't think there have been any fatalities in Australia ever .no more ga for me...17 lts per hour is the only cost,5hrs for a lic to fly,yep I'm also hooked.

Rob is not always around. Ring first and make an appointment to save a wasted trip. Rob is taking his beautiful Foxbat to Rowland Flat on Sunday. Saturday's at ASC are very busy with students and Instructors flying the many Jab170's the club own. The microlights normally fly very early to enjoy smooth air and free skies. Sorry I will be in Loxton or I would be happy to show you around the club.

Went up to Gawler Strip on Saturday. A guy I work with is a instructor at the Sports Club up there. Met Rob and had a good chat about the Trikes, a top bloke in general, will try to get back at some point this week for an ITF. Unfortunately, I became sick shortly after with a nasty bug, so was unable to get down to Strathalbyn.