Danish owner Flightstar Spyder Pioneer, 1983

sidenius

I just became owner of a Flightstar Spyder Pioneer from 1983, serial no 667. I am actually looking for information on which instruments this thing had from the start if anyone can help me please. Some photos would be great also of other Flightstar Spyder versions of dashboards.

Sid,

Viborg, Denmark

Hi Sid,

Welcome to the forum.

Fun aircraft, the Pioneer, from what I've heard. Got any pictures of it?

I have some old pics of the Pioneer somewhere, I'll see if I can find them, not sure if they're of a Spyder though ...

Are you Australian and living in Denmark, or Danish?

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan

I am Danish but have been around a bit. Never been to Australia but maybe one day I will get there.

I had a Kitfox IV last year but sold it. Now I am sort of going back to basic with this Flightstar. It has a standard Rotax 447.

In the photo you see it packed before driving home when buying. I have removed the battery and electric starter as it only means extra weight.

Hope you find some photos of a one seated Flightstar cockpit.

Cheers,

Sid

Trailer.jpg.19e3cf2ed4bbcb30c89f4b6dbb00e677.jpg

Hi Sid,

I had a good look through the photos I have left, sadly I lost most of the old ones in floods following a cyclone so I don't seem to have any of the Flightstar.

I did find this Youtube video though that has a few seconds showing the instrument panel. Hope it helps.

Thanks’ for the video but that’s one of the new types. Mine is a Pioneer and one of the first series of only 700 produced. If anyone has photo of the old type I would be grateful.

Greetings, Sid

• 6 years later...

Hi,

I'm looking for a pulley starter for a Flightstar Pioneer '84. It has the Kawasaki 440 2a engine.

Does anyone know where I would be able to source a new pulley? The starter works as far as I understand, just the pulley mechanism is broken.

Asking for a friend.

Thanks