Microair intercom

I have a microair radio, if I used my Bose and light speed head sets the feed back and what the passenger hears is distorted . This is very annoying. Can any one help with some advice. could it be the setting within the radio and or the headsets. If I plug in a head set I got from Ian the microair will not let me transmit on intercom. Steve

How olds the micro air ?

And usually the headsets have to be the same

You'll get one to work ok with mic gain adjustment pot on the side of the radio case ,

But I've found that trying to get two different types headsets to work is frustrating to say the least , they have to be a mached pair

Cheers

I installed a set of the "wireless" headsets, linked into my micro air..........this system was perfect. Will never go back to chords again.

I installed a set of the "wireless" headsets, linked into my micro air..........this system was perfect. Will never go back to chords again.

I've done the same , best thing I've done .

Great Aussie product , and not expensive for what you get .perfect clarity

I've just installed the blue tooth option $167.00 .

What will they think of next

How olds the micro air ?And usually the headsets have to be the same

You'll get one to work ok with mic gain adjustment pot on the side of the radio case ,

But I've found that trying to get two different types headsets to work is frustrating to say the least , they have to be a mached pair

Cheers

1 year old, I was told by the supplier of light speed that it would match the Bose.

If you are having troubles the first thing I would do is make the headsets Identical. Your supplier will tell you they will work together but he has a financial vested interest. Sometimes they will. Sometimes they wont.

Jim.

• Agree 1

Send the light speed back and get another bose ,

I've been caught befor , they have to be a mactched pair , same impedance ,same type .

I think there a two types in use , one is ......

Gees I carnt remember ... Need help here?

Guest Maj Millard

Are you using the inbuilt intercom, or an external box, and if so what brand ?.........Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Ok the older ones had the circuit board intercom externally mounted on the back. They didn't work too well. Better to fit a Sigtronics SP400 intercom, they are the best. Go to the Sigtronics website and you can access all wiring diagrams for all radios and the SP400 intercoms.

If you wire per the diagrams you won't have any dramas with intercoms again....................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Ok the older ones had the circuit board intercom externally mounted on the back. They didn't work too well. Better to fit a Sigtronics SP400 intercom, they are the best. Go to the Sigtronics website and you can access all wiring diagrams for all radios and the SP400 intercoms. If you wire per the diagrams you won't have any dramas with intercoms again....................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Maj , your going back a few years , Microair haven't used that bolt on I /c for at least 14 years , or there abouts ,back when jabiru owned Microair . They were pretty useless unless you rapped them in alluminium box , I used to use a coke can

His is only one year old and will have an internal I/c & duel freq. monitoring ,

Great little radio but you need matched headsets .

Maj , your going back a few years , Microair haven't used that bolt on I /c for at least 14 years , or there abouts ,back when jabiru owned Microair . They were pretty useless unless you rapped them in alluminium box , I used to use a coke can His is only one year old and will have an internal I/c & duel freq. monitoring ,

Great little radio but you need matched headsets .

Thanks

Is there any way of adjustments to make my light speeds headset and my Bose headset match?

That's wishfull thinking

Short answer No

Long answer. You would have to change the guts out of one and replace with ,I would say expensive parts .

I've seen single headsets for sale from time to time . There was one bose for sale in port Lincoln a few months Back , if you have access to the saaa web site , try chapter 25 and ask the tech counsil guy , Mike H , he will know if there still available .

Good luck .

That's wishfull thinkingShort answer No

Long answer. You would have to change the guts out of one and replace with ,I would say expensive parts .

I've seen single headsets for sale from time to time . There was one bose for sale in port Lincoln a few months Back , if you have access to the saaa web site , try chapter 25 and ask the tech counsil guy , Mike H , he will know if there still available .

Good luck .

thanks i appreciate it