First Solo!!

The CFI kept checking the weather from Moorabbin ground and said we have a first solo but we just want to check that bad weather isnt here, Moorabbin ground replied 'the rain is already here so you will be right." haha, so the CFI jumped out and i taxied off..

The hardest part of it was to remember the radio calls (and the crosswind during landing..) So I switched over to Tower freq and listened to the 2 planes in front radio calls as they were ready for take off. It felt funny to look over and not see the instructor sitting next to me..

So the take off and landing I thought was pretty good for a first solo :)

It felt awesome once i landed, plus tower gave a 8052, a big contratulations on your first solo! hehe

I think its the same for everyone but I will remember that first solo flight for the rest of my life.

• Like 3

Hi speed_racer,

Congratulations on your first solo!012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif. You are right about not forgetting it. I did mine in 1985, and I still remember it. All the best for the rest of your training.

Cheers,

Joe

Congratulations speed-racer I have never forgotten every detail of my first solo and that was 50 years ago!!!

That's because I have a brilliant memory' however' nowadays I keep on losing it. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif.

Alan.

Thanks guys, and

Av8ta: Contratulations on your solo as well.. it sure is the best feeling, did you get it on video?

I was so lucky that the flying school had a gopro mount for Trial Flights so i could shove my gopro on the mount :D