Need to fix headset mic or replace

One of my peltor headsets has a dodgy mic

I have no idea of the model as it came with the trike

I also have no idea what the intercom system is - can't find a brand on it

I also am not sure the connector - looks like a telephone plug RJ12

I have a few options

1) try to fix it

2) get a new or working second hand - my difficulty here is finding one with the right plug

The head set is comfortable and works fine, so not interested in spending a fortune

Open cockpit

I forgot to bring it home to pull to pieces!

Anyone ever fixed one?

Anyone have an old one they no longer need ?

It will be the passengers headset!

Mark

image.jpg.889a96b69073fcbb70a98b82673dc74c.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

I'm not an expert but shoouldn't be hard to replace the mic if you can get one the same. Need to know if it is a dynamic or electric type. Mark (kylecom on the forum) may have one..?.......sure it's not just a broken connection somewhere in the system ?.......Maj...

It's an aerial pursuits system, I have the same in my drifter. Not hard to problem solve, call me if you want some ideas. 0408931040, or Send me a message. I'd start by pulling the headset apart and check for loose or broken connections.

Thanks Patrick

Good to know what intercom it is - it works perfectly

My passengers headset stopped working and pretty sure it's the mic - he could hear me, but I couldn't hear him

I'll pull it apart and look for the loose wire

Cheers

Mark

My pax one stopped working last flight, pulled the foam off, and right there in front of me was a broken wire,right up close to the mike.Wish all my wiring problems were that easy.[ATTACH]23023[/ATTACH]

Great pic- thanks skeptic

That will be the first thing I do this weekend

Cheers

Mark

I'm not an expert but shoouldn't be hard to replace the mic if you can get one the same. Need to know if it is a dynamic or electric type. Mark (kylecom on the forum) may have one..?.......sure it's not just a broken connection somewhere in the system ?.......Maj...

Thanks maj

- I have no idea if its dynamic or electric type, but I'd bet its dynamic

I

Thanks PatrickGood to know what intercom it is - it works perfectly

My passengers headset stopped working and pretty sure it's the mic - he could hear me, but I couldn't hear him

I'll pull it apart and look for the loose wire

Cheers

Mark

f you want to be sure if its the mic or not try a simple test. Swap the headsets and see if you have the same problem. This way you will be able to make sure the problem follows the headset and is not a problem in the intercom. Mic inserts are very cheap and you can buy them at Jaycar electrical for a few dollars. When you remove the wind sock foam you may find number details on the mic that a pats supplier will understand.

• Like 1

If you want to be sure if its the mic or not try a simple test. Swap the headsets and see if you have the same problem. This way you will be able to make sure the problem follows the headset and is not a problem in the intercom. Mic inserts are very cheap and you can buy them at Jaycar electrical for a few dollars. When you remove the wind sock foam you may find number details on the mic that a pats supplier will understand.

Thanks herm

Ill be able to put my soldering iron to use again!

For anyone owning a Pajero (mine is NM), if you ever find a problem with a faulty temp gauge, I know how to fix it - you just need a soldering iron!