Hoxton Park for hire?

Now here is a left-fielder:

A friend on mine (a compliance engineer) needs occasional access to a near flat strip of bitumen to do ADR brake testing on motorcycles; a test can be performed in about 15 minutes. His facility is near Hoxton Park in Sydney. (Racetracks near Sydney are not flat enough).

Does anyone know if ASIC or other agency would bar the use of airstrips for this type of purpose?

If it could be permitted, does anyone know who is the right person at Hoxton to speak with??

Thanks

Chris

i know that behind the Army base in Holsworthy is a brake test section of road, i have used it in the past to practice my braking technique in the RX7 before a track day. the road is marked with signs and marking at set distances from the start.

here is a map.

just a short note though, it has been some years since i have been on that bit of road.

Ref. Holsworthy road - if it is a public road that would not work - as he needs to achieve speeds over 100km/hr... But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Cheers

Chris

Guest David C

The racetracks ( Eastern Creek and Oran Park ) are certainly not flat , but what about the drag strip at Eastern Creek , thats certainly flat and long enough .

Dave C

The racetracks ( Eastern Creek and Oran Park ) are certainly not flat , but what about the drag strip at Eastern Creek , thats certainly flat and long enough . Dave C

Unfortunately is is very "un-flat". It has a gradient of more than 5 degrees...

Guest disperse

i really dont know but back in 2000 when i was working at mascott airport the cops borrowed a runway to test if thier wrx could keep up with thier road bikes...........i would contact the trainers at hoxten and ask them