Special Resolution 11 - AGM at NATFLY

DonRamsay

Guest airsick

I've since spoken with Don and he raised some good points. The AGM is a time when the yearly performance comes under scrutiny. It is an ideal time to look at the end of year figures, outcomes, achievements, failures, etc. and hold the board to account. If this actually occurs then I can see some merit in changing the timing.

The AGM is "a time when the yearly performance" is officially REPORTED.

The "end of year figures, outcomes, achievements, failures, etc." should actually have been provided to members BEFORE the AGM to enable the SCRUTINY to occur.

In fact I would suggest that recent history has shown that scrutiny should be applied continually and not left to once a year (or the occurrence of a 'disaster').

What would be good would be for the Board to let us know what the plan is and what the milestones are so that we can

a) see that they are on the right track, and

b) see how they have performed and achieved (or failed to achieve) the planned/desired outcomes.

Where is the RA-Aus Strategic Plan?

It is difficult to manage or assess performance if you don't know what the goals/milestones are.

I agree that a good attendance at the AGM is desirable but, even if held at Natfly, only a very small proportion of our membership would be able to attend.

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 1

Guest airsick

I agree whole heartedly with your points about knowing whether we are on the right track when we don't even know what track we are meant to be on. And I can't see us knowing that prior to September either...