New to site.

I'm fascinated with planes generally, but my main interest is in history of aviation in my part of the world, Western Australia. For a while now I have come across photo's of oldies & when researching them, have discovered fantastic stories.

Dehavilland is one such story. The quantity of aircraft they produced over the years is mind boggling.

Websites of historical records of planes are out there for all to see & I found much of my info on one. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention it here. Cheers, OPF.

• Like 1

Welcome OPF.

Do you know about the former Netherlands East Indies air-force DC-3/Dakota which, in one of it's former incarnations, used to be the Broome Tourist Bureau ? It's now being reassembled at "The Lily" in the Stirling Ranges and fitted out as a B and B suite.

• Like 1

I'm fascinated with planes generally, but my main interest is in history of aviation in my part of the world, Western Australia. For a while now I have come across photo's of oldies & when researching them, have discovered fantastic stories.Dehavilland is one such story. The quantity of aircraft they produced over the years is mind boggling.

Websites of historical records of planes are out there for all to see & I found much of my info on one. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention it here. Cheers, OPF.

Welcome to the Rec Flying forum, OPR.

I hope you will have many enjoyable encounters on this site and learn a lot from the many knowledgeable guys on here.