Advice on a first aircraft purchase......

NT5224

Guest Maj Millard
Hornet STOL? Not tandem, but then not much is these days.

They do have a tandem model Hornet, proving to be a pretty strong machine........Maj....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

The Sportstar has good short field capability on take off and landing also excellent visibility, very stable and a cruise speed of 105 knots. Mine is fitted with aircraft tyres and handle grass very well. The adjustable prop makes it a better short fielder and can only be fitted to certified factory built or experimental. The foxbats, savannahs, lightwing, highlander, hornet etc just don,t have the cruise speed but definitely have the short field ability. the Sportstar in smooth air will sit on 105 knots comfortable, but rough air will be less. The Sportstar is a surprise and a quality aeroplane. The main draw back is the canopy can get very hot inside in the summer during taxing but once in the air it has good ventilation. I have for sale an certified Evektor Sportstar with in flight adjustable prop on this site! Even if you don't buy mine I suggest you research the performance or have a fly in one you will be surprised.

Mine does 85 kts at 5000 rpm and can land and takeoff in less than a football field..cruises with my 72 inch bolly at around 15 to 16 litres an hour and now with the 600kg upgrade can carry almost 300kg !!!!!! and its comfortable for 2 people and I am a large lump at 187cm at 125kg

What range can you get?