Raa rego/casa delegate

Gr8t news..

Sounds like you supplied what you had to supply to me.. no bitchin and you are flying Scotty, how good is that!

Go RAA and the members that can do it RIGHT!

Safe flights and be sure to take your camera for a Cover Shot on SportPilot..!

Chris

I did the same but made the mistake of faxing in the photos would have been good to be told one was not clear enough sooner not weeks later couldn't someone just look at the fax ,westfly is this weekend may not be on again for 1 or 2 years and I'm not the only one that can't join in on this great event because of what?someone signing off on a file.it was fine to fly it last week ,it will be fine to fly it next week ,nobody is going to look at the aircraft this is bullshit any way you look at it.enough said

503.. faxing!.. What is faxing these days? Do you think a fax is HIGH QUALITY..? Especially a photo image. It will invisible in two weeks on the paper the RAA have received.

I have several faxes from 1996.. completely blank, lucky I photo-copied these originals of my General Importership or there is no HISTORY it all began in 1994... thats for real.

In 2013, the quality of a fax is NOT GOOD ENOUGH MATE, for Aircraft Compliance Acceptance - that's half the problem with the documentation the RAA have on file!

Westfly.. No rocket science here, if the in-evitable occurred and you crashed and died, killed several spectators on the side-line and set fire to the kids play area near the airfield..

WHO WHERE'S THE DAMAGE.. for the next 3-5 years..?

Westfly is on again in 1-2 years, but your dead, three kids have there lives shattered and the spectators you injured believe ultralights are dangerous..!

No improvement to our image in your desire to fly Westfly here..!

In addition, we living/flying members of RAA carry the burden/wroth of an ultralight mis-adventure and higher insurance fees for your desires to fly because it was OK last week!.

No apology 503, bit over the negative comment that is so affluent and damaging to our freedom to fly.

Forty one years in sport flying (13,000 flying hrs) has given much pleasure, and the journey has created sadness with tragic grief.

Lets all move towards sport flying with an opinnion of being postive, supportive and safe.. the rewards are priceless.

Chris

Guest Andys@coffs

I was talking to a board member a week or 2 back and I was told that CASA are also having trouble getting appropriate staff. I suggested that if RAAus and CASA and presumably the other RAAO's were all in the same boat them perhaps instead of doing what we are now where every org does its own thing and then CASA doesn't trust us anyway, what about if we all together recruit for potential and set up an industry training scheme so that instead of having to fight and potentially parasite from each other we contribute collectively to a solution rather than exacerbating a problem.

The reality with such a solution is however that you would need regular pay reviews and as a collective you need to pay appropriately. In this case as CASA use the lions share of staff they effectively get to set the remuneration baseline that we would all be bound to.

This solution would in the longer term be beneficial but it does nothing to solve the short term issue. As to how you solve the short term issue I admit I don't know

Andy

Was enough said though ,I'm only suggesting raa buy more help ,I'm not intending to fly an unreg aircraft , and I like faxes don't they pop out on a computer the other end (not thermal paper these days) and it only had to show a few numbers.

Well they got my new photo, all good .then found some numbers don't match (no kidding as i had written this error on the updates or changes, hrs,landings form ),,,and then they...posted ....a request for a new compliance statement (fax or email would have been a little quicker) does this have to come from the manufacturer ?

Yes 503..you will require a new Compliance Statement from the manufacturer - most definitely!

If the numbers don't match the aircraft is NOT IDENTIFIABLE... doesn't exist basically.

Should be no problem if you contact the manufacturer and provide the relevant numbers (trike + wing + sail + engine + gearbox + prop & type)