The newbies are coming...the newbies are coming!!!!!

TAA Steve

G'day g'day,

What an interesting out of the way site I've discovered today in my search for an Aussie aviation site. Seems like I've found the right place.

Perhaps I should introduce meself, since this is the 'Introduce yourself' forum and everything. Would be quite odd if this forum was used to discuss the various tidbits and oddities of the world around us.

My name is Steve (which I'm sure you haven't guessed by me username). I live in suny Brisvegas and I am currently learning to fly with Arena Aviation at Redcliffe (was Archerfield but they have had to move due to various reasons, which means an added twenty minute drive for me :evil: ).

At the moment I am at the begginning of CPL training, just trying to fit in some hour building around university (Bachelor of Business at QUT). Currently flying tommies and warrior...ies when the funds are in (ok ok, when I can convince my parents to pay :P :shock: ).

Why am I here? Several reasons, 1: I started posting at pprune only to discover it's full of disgruntled people whos only hobby is discouraging people from becoming pilots.

Secondly, I was just having a general search for aviation related websites...as you do.

Secondly...or thirdly for those keeping track...I have in the works and deep dark recesses of my mind an idea to develop a site to assist new pilots, and old pilots, in the ups and downs of learning to fly and, to be quite honest, a friend suggested Aussie Aviator and a quick google showed this site as the top. So I'll guess I'll need to think of another name...

On another note, I am a gemini and I like long walks on the beach, pina coladas and getting caught in the rain :D .

I hope to enjoy myself here and get more out of it then the flame war I got at pprune for simply asking what happens after an airline interview (if your that interesting in looking for it, search for posts by Steve888...hey, I gotta rally troups somehow..yes, I think troups is spelt wrong as well).

Well that's all, I've just run out of things to say, will hopefully post soon if the winds, moon phase and planet alignment is correct, or if I have something interesting to tell.

Until then, and remember....you must find the jade monkey before the next full moon. :shock: :!:

Cheers

Steve

Welcome Steve

Pull up a chair, sit back and relax. You've come to the right place. We encourage people to ask anything they like here without the fear of being told off.

Have a good look around because there are lots and lots of features here that you won't find anywhere else. On your journey you are bound to run into some weird and wonderful people.

Once again, welcome to Australia's friendliest aviation community 8)

On another note, I am a gemini and I like long walks on the beach, pina coladas and getting caught in the rain

Well I'm a Libran and Also like long walks on the beach, but I love candlelit dinners and romantic weekends away in the Swiss alps.

Welcome to the board, I hope your stay here is more welcoming the pprune!

Geday!

I sometimes wander around Redcliffe... mostly at Pat Harrington's or Mal shipton's hangars where OLD aeroplanes live.

That extra 20 minutes driving is the best thing you could have encountered when it comes to flying... you'll save many hundreds of dollars for the flying hours you do, because of all the taxiing and hold ups you get at AF.

You're on top too because you sound like you started at AF so it isn't going to be the boogy man students who start at non controlled airports think GAAP will be.

Redcliffe has been a great airport ... I started flying there about 1975 when it was gravel and had virtually only the aero club there.

Don't like those noisy bloody helos that infest the place these days, tho!

sixties

Guest VH-TJT
At the moment I am at the beginning of CPL training, just trying to fit in some hour building around university (Bachelor of Business at QUT).

That is very commendable, CPL training as well as studying at uni. I?m in the same situation (Bachelor of Business (3rd year)) but could never find the time for Uni and flying + theory at the same time.

What is your ultimate goal, flying or a business career, or both?

TJT