We Are All Professionals

Guest Ken MacTiernan

Guest Ken MacTiernan

Hello. My name is Ken MacTiernan and I am new to this BB. I am the Director of the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association, AMTA. The AMTAis a non-profit organization I created to educate the public about today's skilled Aircraft Maintenance Professional. Our web site is http://WWW.AMTAUSA.COM.

Although we are based in San Diego CA the AMTA is committed to promoting the AME/AMT craft & profession as far as we can. More than 100 years of aviation's history has gone by and the men and women who maintain today's fleet of aircraft, be it military, commercial, general, civil, government, experimental, corporate or private aircraft, have been taken for granted. The knowledge, skill & integrity each and every AME/AMT possesses is what is used to carry our great responsibility of providing safe. airworthy aircraft. I hope you can visit our web site and tell others about it as well. If there are any questions feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. I would be happy to add you to our e-mail list. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Hi Ken,

Good to see you have come over from US Aviation board. You will find that Australian Aircraft Maintenance professionals are just starting to experience what their US counter-parts have already gone through. I must say that it is a bit more "hush-hush" here, so you may have to do some digging around.

Again, welcome and best wishes.

Guest Ken MacTiernan

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am saddened to hear that Canadian AMEs are feeling the effects of greedy, inept management like we have in the States. I have learned that managements will/can manipulate numbers to be in their favor when they wish. I firmly believe that what effects one group of AME/AMT will effect another group of AME/AMT, and so on. The key for our craft's survival is for communication amongst ourselves and educating the public as to our responsibilities. The AMTA is doing what we can. This web site forum, and others like it, is a great tool for skilled professionals to net work and support each other and our craft.