Hi

George

Hi All,

Nice Australian web forum, I was browsing the net looking for info on when the new Embraer E-jets come to oz and found this nice looking website.

Looked great, so thought id sign up.

I drive the E170 overseas, and looking at the chance to drive them back in Australia.

Guest Glenn

Hi George, welcome to the site

Where abouts do you fly the E170? Myself and members here might be interested to know a little bit about the E170 and what it's like to fly etc...

Also if you have any interesting flying stories, we'd love to read them as well.

There are many great features here such as the photo gallery. Please have a look around and if there is anything you would like to know, just ask.

Enjoy your stay :)

thanks matt/glen

Thanks Glen,

I currently fly the Embraer E170 for Hong Kong Express. Have been operating the type for them since the first day they put them into operation.

I used to work previously on the Embraer E120 and the E170 was my first Jet Rating. Hong Kong Express gave me and others a unique opportunity to basically enjoy a paid holiday around the world. I'll have to upload some pics.

They sent us to Zurich for 3 weeks ground school, then 2 weeks in Montreal for Sim training, then to Brazil for one week to do our base training. Was truly a dream, kept having to pinch oneself to see if it were true. We got to do our base training in the prototype E170 at Embraers Flight test facility out from Sao Polo.

If people are interested perhaps I shall write a thread detailing the training adventure.

Whats it like to fly, well, I sure love it, took a while to get used to going from an aircraft that requires constant rudder inputs (E120) but essentially the jet was an evolution of the E120 into a more modern jetliner. Everything that used to be operated manually before, is now all automated on the Jet. Its one big flying computer.

Guest Glenn

Re: thanks matt/glen

If people are interested perhaps I shall write a thread detailing the training adventure.

I think i speak on behalf of everyone when i say that would be fantastic George!

Here here :)

That's the sad thing about modern aircraft.... pilots are now computer monitors and inputters ... not stick and rudder men.At least we can get in lighties and pole a plane about the sky still.

I will echo that. But you have to admit that the planes these days are much easier to fly.

George welcome aboard mate. We here are 1 of a dying bread in that we will try our best to answer any question no matter how stupid it is without abusing you like in other forums.

I think I will have to echo the other members and get you to write out a Trip Report about your Training Adventures.

Guest PaulR

First, Hi and Welcome George.

I currently fly the Embraer E170 for Hong Kong Express. Have been operating the type for them since the first day they put them into operation.

I saw an HK Express E170 for the first time about a week ago here in Darwin. If memory serves me it was close to 0300 arrival. We were just finishing off Tiger, and I must say the aircraft caught everyone's attention. :D