Nearly new member.

Guest Rod

Hi Folks, As seems to be the case, I've been cruising the board over the last month or two. What a great resource for the aviation community and interested parties alike. Hats off to Ian and the many contributors that makes this site successful. A bit of background, I,m a student pilot with Freedom Flight in North Tassy, over 40 ish, currently solo in the Jabs. Every flight day is a red letter day, so much so that my sweetheart and wife has begun her pilots licence as well. We have imported a Zodiac 601 from Colorado USA and are getting close to finalizing reg, condition reports etc. It has now been inspected and signed off so can't be long to it's first Australian flight. I'll try and be an active member rather than a fly on the wall. Cheers for now, Rod http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/images/s/smiley1.gif :)

Chat

G,Day Nev, Unloaded the plane and started training in late Janurary 07. It has been a steady case of learning, learning and learning. The best way to keep learning was to get my wife to start learning. Our dinner time conversations get out there a bit, but it is great when one has learned something the other has missed. Any way onwards and upwards is the goal. Thanks for the reply. Rod

Learning.

Rod , great if your wife can be involved. Learning, I'm still doing it, and I started flying in "59. My wife used to help me get the checklists firmly into my memory, when I went onto a new type. Now she gets involved with the flight planning, and finds all the roads & towns when we are going cross-country, as well as flying the ship when I want to do a bit of pencilling or play with the GPS.. Cheers Nev...

To the girls

Nev, It sure is great when you can share the dream with your partner. I'm a 20 hr RAA student and my wife is 5 hrs. I have'nt worked through the scenario of racing home to see who can get the plane out first. Maybe I can fly to the party and she can fly home. (Ho Ho). You sure must have some hours behind the stick,I would gladly trade some of that experience to give John,my wise and patient instructor a break. Instructors, the silent hero's in every pilots life. Have you been GA most of the time or were you one of the early birds into ultra lights / experimentals. Weather here is ugly at the present, am hoping to clear for tommorrow's training. See you for now Nev.