Aviation DVD's and Books

Uncle Chop Chop

Hey all. I brought a DVD a while back and just pulled it out of my shelf along with all of the cobwebs. I thought I would let you know about it.

It's about an United Airlines 777-200 and follows it from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport to Londons Heathrow International Airport.

It starts off with the Captain welcoming you from the Airlines Dispatch Centre at O'Hare Airport. He then introduces the co pilots. He then go through plotting the flight path with the other pilots. Then we meet the purcer.

Then the pre flight check lists and briefings are done. Then it's Take Off and climb. The Captain then shows you around the cockpit. Then its a little bit on cross checking the flight plan.

Then the pre landing checklists and briefings are done. Landing occurs and then we taxi to the Gate where shut down occurs.

Then there is a short bit where it shows United Airlines Boeing 777's landing at differnt airports around the world.

Then it's onto the return leg of the journey. The Co Pilot is in charge of the landing and take off. He briefs the Captain and performs the check list. Then it is push back and take off. There really isn't much about the flight as it is all done on the 1st leg.

Then it's the Pre Landing check list and briefing. The co pilot then lands the aircraft. The Captain thanks everyone for joining them and says good bye.

I was looking on the Internet for Aviation DVD's and Books and found a really good site from Geelong. It is called Vibex Books- http://www.vibexbooks.com.au/Main.asp?_=Home

Another good site is Just Planes.com- http://www.justplanes.com/