Hi to all!

Guest ten59

Greetings!

my name is jim; my wife angie and i enjoy flying and have a jabiru LSA55 which we will be flying to avalon airshow in march. are there any other jabiru owners out there?

look forward to interacting with you all,

cheers jim.

Guest Darren Masters

Hello Jim and welcome to TAA. I don't own a LSA 55 but I do fly one out of The Oaks Airfield in NSW. So you are doing the big crossing to Avalon? Have you done it before? It scares me even thinking about it :eek: (chicken). Anyway mate, welcome and enjoy the site!

Hello Jim and welcome to TAA. I don't own a LSA 55 but I do fly one out of The Oaks Airfield in NSW. So you are doing the big crossing to Avalon? Have you done it before? It scares me even thinking about it :eek: (chicken). Anyway mate, welcome and enjoy the site!

Darren you big sook :biggrin:

Scared to fly over Bass Straight? I have been over it in a 150 and I know someone who flew a gyro over it :biggrin:

Come on Darren :rolleyes: :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest OzChris

G'day Jim...Welcome to TAA :]

I dont own a Jabi, but I do fly the J160, J170 & J230 (J230 being my fave).

Should be a great trip from Launceston for you! I know another member here 'Terry' is looking at doing the 'Tassie crossing' but from the other way...will be interesting to hear about your experience in doing it.

Again WELCOME mate!

Guest Darren Masters
Darren you big sook :biggrin:Scared to fly over Bass Straight? I have been over it in a 150 and I know someone who flew a gyro over it :biggrin:

Come on Darren :rolleyes: :biggrin::biggrin:

Bit of a difference in the C150 donk compared to the Jabi's.:eek:

Guest David C

Welcome Jim to TAA , a great friendly site . Like Darren , I fly a LSA out of The Oaks too when the weather and bank balance allow , and thats not often these days . I'm sure you will have a very happy association with us here .

Dave C

Guest Darren Masters
Welcome Jim to TAA , a great friendly site . Like Darren , I fly a LSA out of The Oaks too when the weather and bank balance allow , and thats not often these days . I'm sure you will have a very happy association with us here .Dave C

Tell me about the lack of flying Dave :frown:

A Big welcome to you Jim, Always good to have aircraft owners and more pilots onboard the forums!

However, flying over the Bass Straight in a Jabiru, I think I will take being a passenger in a Dash 8 :P

Thanks for the welcome, people!

My wife Angie and I have done 5 return crossings of the strait, 4 in our modified zodiac 601 (taildragger) and one in a (LSA) jabiru. It's only a bit of water! Not over it for long anyway. Does Nash Pilling still fly from the Oaks? I crossed the strait with him in a jab too, to attend Narromine ('95 I think)

Cheers, Jim

Hi there Jim.. A big welcome from me too. I had Avalon on my diary but like I said in another thread I thought it was in February. My partner and I are flying to the UK for two weeks on the 18th of March so we are not going to make it. Does anyone have news of any other airshows quite near to the Sunshine Coast?