Just joined.

Guest Evan Cameron

Guest Evan Cameron

Hello to you all, Evan Cameron from Boonah.I have visited this site a few times and decided it was time to join in. I have a ppl and RAA pilot certificate and currently fly out of Boonah, QLD where I keep my lovely little Terrier aircraft.

G'Day Evan,

Welcome!

What sort of machine is this Terrier of which you speak? RAA? GA? Any relation to the Beagle Terrier (a variant of the Auster built in the 60's)?

Regards

Coop (Who flies an Auster variant)

Guest Dean747

Welcome Evan nice part of the world you are from. Used to live just down the road from Boonah a few years back.

Guest Evan Cameron

Hello again, the Terrier is a composite 2 seater powered by a subaru EA-81. RAA redg,and is built in Makay QLD by Foxcon Aviation. Latest models are the 200 series,all composite,early models are 100 series and came out with timber and fabric wings. Mine is the very first one built(serial no. 001) and has just clocked up 800 hrs.It was fitted with metal wings afew years ago which are lighter and shorter and makes it a slippery aircraft.They have been referred to as the Morris Minor of the sky, Ha-Ha.

Guest OzChris
G'Day Evan,Welcome!

What sort of machine is this Terrier of which you speak? RAA? GA? Any relation to the Beagle Terrier (a variant of the Auster built in the 60's)?

Regards

Coop (Who flies an Auster variant)

Its an awesome Recreational Aircraft:

http://www.foxcon.com/

Guest Evan Cameron

Got to 3000 ft at Cunninghams gap and hit the white stuff so gave it a miss. A bit disapointed,but there is always next year.

G'day Evan

I heard it was a little congested across the ranges

I saw a Terrier on the Sunday thought it might have belonged to you. Did not get the chance to take any photos as I was going for a flight myself in a Jab 230 to get some aerial shots of the field.

Don't know if you are aware of this but Gatton is having a fly-in on May 17, for Brekkie. I know some of the Boonah lads attend this event.

And on May 3 there is a fly-in in Toowoomba too. I know (as event coordinator)you would be welcome to join us for this event as well if you might be looking for another excuse to commit aviation.

Regards

Scott

G'Day Again Evan,

That's an impressive LSA machine. Like most LSA aircraft, the weight can be pretty limiting. According to the specs I see on the website, with a payload of 210 kilos (Max weight 544 minus MT weight 334) you could carry 4 hours of fuel (55 litres at 42 kilos) leaving enough for two 80 kilo occupants and 8 kilos of luggage. Not much luggage for a long trip. But if you could do that at 110 knots with good short field performance it would still be a neat tourer. If you were by yourself, of course, you could carry 6 hours of fuel and all the luggage you ever needed.

I was specially impressed by the "camper" version. There aren't too many light aircraft you can sleep in- let alone LSA aircraft. The only other one I have seen is a Cherokee Six! Now that should help to keep the motel bills down!

What fuels can you run in the Subaru?

Regards

Coop

Guest Evan Cameron
G'day EvanI heard it was a little congested across the ranges

I saw a Terrier on the Sunday thought it might have belonged to you. Did not get the chance to take any photos as I was going for a flight myself in a Jab 230 to get some aerial shots of the field.

Don't know if you are aware of this but Gatton is having a fly-in on May 17, for Brekkie. I know some of the Boonah lads attend this event.

And on May 3 there is a fly-in in Toowoomba too. I know (as event coordinator)you would be welcome to join us for this event as well if you might be looking for another excuse to commit aviation.

Regards

Scott

Thanks for the invite, I'll check the calendar and see what happens. I know my co-pilot will be keen (it was her idea to buy the plane.)

Guest Evan Cameron
G'Day Again Evan,That's an impressive LSA machine. Like most LSA aircraft, the weight can be pretty limiting. According to the specs I see on the website, with a payload of 210 kilos (Max weight 544 minus MT weight 334) you could carry 4 hours of fuel (55 litres at 42 kilos) leaving enough for two 80 kilo occupants and 8 kilos of luggage. Not much luggage for a long trip. But if you could do that at 110 knots with good short field performance it would still be a neat tourer. If you were by yourself, of course, you could carry 6 hours of fuel and all the luggage you ever needed.

I was specially impressed by the "camper" version. There aren't too many light aircraft you can sleep in- let alone LSA aircraft. The only other one I have seen is a Cherokee Six! Now that should help to keep the motel bills down!

What fuels can you run in the Subaru?

Regards

Coop

Previous owner ran both avgas and ultra unleaded, I run mostly ultra unleaded.